Official Community Forums Home

Really Gardasil Is Helpful?

Beavis

• Members
FYI the government called for a complete BAN on the drug RU486 after 11 deaths with chances of 1 in 100,000 fatalities.

Oh please, I think we all know that had more to do with politics than safety.

Many of those women died of sepsis, a risk with any abortion procedure, and 5 deaths reported later on all occured after intravaginal use of misoprostol (the second medication administered during a chemical abortion), which is only FDA approved for oral use. The FDA never established any causal link between use of mifepristone (RU486) and the reported deaths.

But mifepristone has nothing to do with this topic at all, now does it? I mean come on... 1 in 100,000 chance of fatality versus Guardisil's... what? .00024% chance? Even if the suggested ban weren't for politican reasons, how is there even a comparison?

Again, I agree completely that your body should be your responsibility, and I do not think most vaccines should be mandatory, but I'm honestly kinda tired of hearing everyone make out like every new drug or technology is the devil.

• Members
i've never understood this double standard with the cancer reference. when opposing the shot its not ok to equate cancer with the shot or hpv, yet when supporting it, its ok to say "if you dont get the shot you are taking your chances with cancer" or "the number of deaths is small compared to the number that die of cancer" :huh:

I think you misunderstand why I got upset when they called HPV a cancer virus. My point is this, in relation to the video link that you posted early, they do not know the virus in question. THey had no idea what is was that they were condeming. My point, this ENTIRE time has been to educate yourself rather than condeming for the sake of condeming. understand you got the shot, I understand that you didn't want the shot, but here;s where i get fuzzy: you 20, garadsil hasn't been out for more than 2 years so you at youngest got it at 18 when you legally in all states have complete medical control, and yet your mom still decided you had to get it? somehow that doesn't make sense, if you said no, no doctor in th world, as your legally an "adult" could inject you at your mother's word. I think your beef should be with your doctor.