Official Community Forums Home

Airplain

desireinme

• Members

going on my first cruise just hubby and i and want to bring some toys...we have to fly to fl first...so should i put the batteries together with them or separate them in differnet luggages??

sorry i noticed i spelled airplane wrong..lol

• Members
going on my first cruise just hubby and i and want to bring some toys...we have to fly to fl first...so should i put the batteries together with them or separate them in differnet luggages??

sorry i noticed i spelled airplane wrong..lol

Keep it all togather in your check luggage. Otherwise, they will proudly be displayed at the security for all to see and possibly confiscated as a weapon.

I have cruised extensively. Where are you going and what line are you using?

• Members

Take the batteries out so that nothing gets bumped and turns on by itself. Put it all in your checked baggage. Pack extra batteries because they are so expensive in touristy places.

Have a great time on your trip!

• Members
its the disney cruise to bahamas...2 days on their own private island...first time in 23 yrs hubby and i going on vacation our self

I've been on a bunch of disney cruises, make sure you get the late seating for dinner and check out the adult only gourmet restaurant on board to celebrate. Also if you tell them it's your anniv. they may put a little extra something in your room and/or at dinner.

Have fun ROCKEN' THE BOAT!

• Members

Cruising is a blast, have a great time.

I reccomend starting taking Bonine(non-drowsy Dramamine) 4 or 5 days ahead. That gets it into your system so

seasickness won't be an issue. Don't want anything interfering with the fun.

• Members

Also they have patches that look like a small round bandaid that you can wear also if you get sea sick! Have tons of fun and take lots of pictures! Make sure to bring either rechargeable or lithium batteries with you. When I went on my cruise i lost out on lots ofpictures because my camera kept dying. Have fun!!

• Members

I think what you're asking is if you should put all the batteries together in one place (assuming due to airline regulations) and on that I would definitely say pack the batteries in their original packaging in separate suitcases, so you don't have this mass of batteries in one place. Yes, with all our crazy policies these days, I think that would be safer.

its the disney cruise to bahamas...2 days on their own private island...first time in 23 yrs hubby and i going on vacation our self

And, I can say I'm pea green on this one... Big and I enjoyed a cruise eight years ago, a Southern Caribbean tour. I fell in love with St Maarten - OMG it was beautiful. Look into those preplanned shore excursions. They are expensive, but inclusive. Sometimes they are worth it. Sometimes it is just like herding cattle and NOT worth it. If you want to snorkle, we found it MUCH more cost effective to either biring your own, or rent some for the week and go it alone. We found all the taxi drivers on the islands could point us to the most amazing reefs and dive spots and usually they were not overly crowded, saved ourselves a bunch of $$ by not going on the organized dives.

As far as the sea sickness goes... I was raised on the water, so I have sealegs and normal boating does not bother me, however... one of the stabilizing arms was broken on our cruise so we were only "half" stabilized, so I had about 2 days that I had to deal with a slight fuzzy feeling when we were at sea. Based on that, I'd reccomend you take the sea sick meds with you and use as needed. There are times (weather conditions, etc) when they are not allowed to utilize the stabilizing arms, that is when you'll need to bring out the drugs! BUt under normal conditions, I could barely tell we were on a moving vessel.

Have fun!!

~LG

• Members

I've taken cruises in all the seasons at least once. The only time I haven't had a problem is when the weather is perfect. summer, late spring and sometimes early fall. For all the other times I've use a Transderm scop (scopolamine patch). The little round disk that goes on behind your ear. Works like a charm.

• Members

thanks for all the good advice..i did get the patches from the doc and he said to take at least 4 hrs before i go on boat...

we did schedule jet skiing..first time for me and hubby on them also

love ya guys

• Members

Hope you enjoy. Holland America is a great line also

• Members
thanks for all the good advice..i did get the patches from the doc and he said to take at least 4 hrs before i go on boat...

we did schedule jet skiing..first time for me and hubby on them also

love ya guys

enjoy your trip, and tell what a great time you had when you get back