Official Community Forums Home

Intercourse And Vaginal Tears

lisa

I having an issue with vaginal tears during intercourse with my partner. Everytime we perform in the missionary style I have been experiencing a slight pain associated with a small vaginal tear. We do not use any condoms and I am well lubricated. How or what could I do to have this issue from reoccurring?

PS. It use to never happen but I am noticing now more than often of this pain and it usually hears after a couple of days.

• Members

Have you had a baby since being with this partner?? After my 2nd baby, I had some problems like that and eventually, they stopped after I had "ripped" enough from the scarring of being sewn up after her birth.

• Members

Few questions:

1) Have you had a baby as Cl asked? That would be my #1 thought.

2) Is your partner "large" compared to you? Sometimes a woman does have a smaller vaginal opening compared to her partner - does it feel very tight when he enters you? Do you experience pain during sex?

3) Do you engage in rougher or faster sex? Meaning, does he pound on you very fast, moving around a lot, or if you are on top, do you gyrate back and forth?

The reason I ask these questions is, if you have sensitive vaginal skin, and you are having really active sex - gyrating around and he is really pounding on you - the possibility of you tearing is greater. Perhaps slow it down!

Or, if he is larger than you - you may have to use a lot of lube - like loads and loads of it, and gently stretch yourself to accomodate him.

If it is the first, you are going to have to let yourself heal. In fact, you should be letting yourself heal before engaging in sex again anyway - for the bacteria issues as Howard has said, STD's, and for general safety and pain issues. I would suggest just refraining from sex and seeing a doctor!

Be well!

Mikayla

from Lisa,

1. No I have not or ever had a baby. I am 30 yrs old and kinda enjoy sex very much.

2. I believe my partner is large compared to my size and frame. I am a petite woman and my vaginal area is small and usually it takes a while before my body will allow my partner to enter. This has been the case with pervious partners. Once my partner is in, its rather tight but overall good at the same time

3. I do usually engage in rougher sex although I like it faster alot of time or slow sometimes. it just depends on my mood at the time. I'm going to try and use a looot of lubricate and see if that helps. When i have experienced this issue in the past it was usually a result of rough and fast sex but lately as i stated b4 that is not the case now.

Few questions:

1) Have you had a baby as Cl asked? That would be my #1 thought.

2) Is your partner "large" compared to you? Sometimes a woman does have a smaller vaginal opening compared to her partner - does it feel very tight when he enters you? Do you experience pain during sex?

3) Do you engage in rougher or faster sex? Meaning, does he pound on you very fast, moving around a lot, or if you are on top, do you gyrate back and forth?

The reason I ask these questions is, if you have sensitive vaginal skin, and you are having really active sex - gyrating around and he is really pounding on you - the possibility of you tearing is greater. Perhaps slow it down!

Or, if he is larger than you - you may have to use a lot of lube - like loads and loads of it, and gently stretch yourself to accomodate him.

If it is the first, you are going to have to let yourself heal. In fact, you should be letting yourself heal before engaging in sex again anyway - for the bacteria issues as Howard has said, STD's, and for general safety and pain issues. I would suggest just refraining from sex and seeing a doctor!

Be well!

Mikayla

• Members
Have you started any new medications such as antihistamines, sinus meds?? birth control pills??

This is a good point CL - some meds like this can make your vagina and the lubrication down there do weird things!

As for the answer to your other questions, I am thinking you probably have a petite vaginal opening (Hey people, it is a true condidition!) has your gyne ever mentioned that to you? I would suggest taking extra care when your man first enters you - use extra lube - and try to gently stretch yourself before you start going at it with gusto - I know it is hard!

Also, let you previous tear heal before you have sex again - I know SUCKS - but hey, we women who have had babies had to wait 6 FRICKIN weeks - so it might just have to be!

Hope that helps!

Mikayla

[i never thought about new medications. I am on birth control pills and i have been takins some new meds for my allergy/sinus issues and for reflex. I will look into it and see if i am having a possible side effect. thanks for the input

• Members

I had this problem when I first started having sex with my fiancee. I was a virgin and he is pretty thick, so I tore at the bottom of the vaginal opening. Like with an episiotomy, for those of you who have had babies. Then for several times after that it would tear a little again. My fiancee likes to enter me in one hard fast stroke, so every time he did that it would tear a little . I was shy about all things sexual and didn't want to tell him. Big mistake! Most of the time we were having sex at night or quickly, so he didn't notice it. When he did, he got mad at me for not telling him. But anyway, once we talked about it, he would enter me more slowly, and go slower at first, until I had stretched enough and gotten really wet. Once the tear healed, I never had the problem again. So I would echo what has been said, in that entering more slowly is a good idea.

• Members
[i never thought about new medications. I am on birth control pills and i have been takins some new meds for my allergy/sinus issues and for reflex. I will look into it and see if i am having a possible side effect. thanks for the input

Allergy/sinus meds not only stop the nasal congestion, but affect ALL fluid issues in the body. That isn't in the the lil handy pamphlet they give you :blink: I take Claritin and Sudafed when my allergies are bad and antihistamines make me thirsty because of dehydration, which is also affect the vaginal fluids.

Birth control pills "regulate" your cycle and during certain times of the cycle, the body will not produce as much fluid as usual because of the pills.

One helpful idea: Let him "finger fuck" you during foreplay and that could help open your vaginal area a bit before he penetrates. Start slowly with 1 finger, then 2.....gentle massages to open up.

Good luck!