Official Community Forums Home

Shout Out To First Premier Bank

Amylynn920

• Members

With all of the banking difficulties, and trust plummeting, I have to give kudo's to First Premier.

In 2007 I paid off my deceased ex's debt. $84,000 in credit and mortgage debt that was solely in his name. I wanted to refinance and since i was the 'estate' I figured I'd pay it off. I wanted 0 debt and I wanted credit in my own name. Everything had been in the ex's.

Saturday's mail came. In it was a certified letter I had to sign for. I was puzzled since I don't bank with First Premier and I don't have a credit card with them. In the envelope was a check and a letter from First Premier. They had determined that since the ex was dead, given that when my lawyer paid off all the debt in 2007, and had received a copy of the death certificate, that I did not owe the debt. :o

I got a bank check back for $13,852.00 and a letter stating their condolences and an offer of a credit card :lol: Even though it took a little over a year they returned the funds. They could have kept it and I would have been none the wiser.

So here's to a great bank, and a great banking experience!