Official Community Forums Home

Just Need To Vent

Harpy6

• Members

Fuck my work place. They have screwed me over for the last 3 months. I'm one of maybe 2 people who are willing to cover shifts but that doesn't mean I want to be on a different shift for 3 god damn months in a row. Just this year I have spent half of it on a different shift then I'm suppose to be on. Every time I'm told I'm going back to my normal shift it's oh we have to push that back because your replacement isn't here. Or I have the we can utilize you as we need. Well fuck off I'm not th e only one who can be utilized but they won't treat any of the guys like this. The guys haven't been told to be on another shift for weeks on end. To have their sleep cycle and sex life completely fuck over. I'm married and use to have sex on a regular basis. Now I'm to tired to have sex when my husband is in the mood, because that is usually during the time I want to be sleeping. No sex makes me a very pissy and frustrated person.

Now I switched someone days so that when I go back to my normal shift in didn't have to have an 8 hrs turn around...now I have to have two 8 hrs turn arounds in a row to go back to my shift. All because one of the guys can't work 10 days in a row. Fuck that I have had to do that 2 or 3 times in the last 3 months all because someone else needed time off or someone needed to swap dates for a family thing. I feel like I am being mistreated all because I'm a female. Equality should be what they do...but I'm the only one getting rammed in the ass repeatedly. And all because I'm willing to help cover when it's needed. But seriously enough already.

Okay I feel better. Thanks

• Like 1

• Members

good story!!!!! First find a new job and then go in the office and tell them exactly what you wrote on here and you should feel a whole lot better :))))

I would definitely talk to your supervisor first thing. Keep it short and sweet, and don't cuss (though I know that's probably your temper on here, which is fine). Tell them that you don't feel it's fair that you're having to do all sorts of schedule switches, and you feel that it's because you don't have children and that you're female.

I'd send an e-mail as a follow up to any discussions, CCed to your boss and the HR department. Suget my thoughts down on paper first m up your conversation with them, and your concerns. Personally, I would write the e-mail first, so you can have a good thought process down and articulated (don't send it until after your conversation). It helps me to get my thoughts down first, and then verbalize what I want to say without coming across as some ranting lunatic. LOL

I totally agree that many times, females do get the shaft (not literally in this case LOL) in the workplace just because they are young/don't have kids/are single. I understand that families like to do things together, but there should be fairness in the schedule shifts.

I feel the same way about smokers. Why should smokers be allowed to go and take several breaks during the day for a "smoke break", that usually takes 10 minutes each, when most full time people only get 2 15 min breaks and a 30 min lunch?

• Like 1

• Members

Tyger said it well. She is obviously a wise and intelligent woman. Her words are spot on, so I have nothing more to add.