Official Community Forums Home

What Do You Think Of The Social Sites?

I'm glad to see that this topic's made a comeback! I think that the social sites are even more in the limelight than ever before! I agree, some people post ridiculous things at times. I had one friend that was timing her contractions via Facebook. Then told of the afterbirthing. Yeah, no thank you!!! I also agree with the statement that some people hook up with old flames, BANG a spark is rekindled. However, I am friends with a majority of my exes, and though we had a past, we are exes for a reason. I haven't accepted my ex husband's friend request, and I doubt I ever will. That was the major burn that I have had, and probably won't ever fully forgive. Though, the exes I DO have on my Facebook, we parted friends, and were never disrespectful to each other. I'm a great ex anyway, I never try to flirt and get in between relationships. I guess I'm rare that way. I rarely use my MySpace account anymore, but use my Facebook overly regularly, even having it linked to my phone (Hello, my name is Tyger, and I'm a Facebook addict......). But, I would never try to have an affair via Facebook. Besides, if some romance happens on any social networking sites, and you're in a relationship, the relationship can't be that great in your eyes if you allow it to happen.

• Members

I think the problem with social sites, be it facebook, twitter, myspace or even TT is the anonymity of it all, its sometimes hard to remember that what your doing is with another person and it has consequences off line. Then again I think texts are doing the same thing, its too easy to be flirty and cross the line when your not looking someone in the face. Its also fairly easy to hide your tracks (unless your so is tech savvy) and not get caught. That being said I don't think its right to go through your so's e-mail, phone, facebook (logging in) or any other means of communication. If you can't trust them then why are you with them? And if you can't respect your relationship enough to not flirt and such then, again, why be in it?