Official Community Forums Home

F&^&*_()*g Labcorp

angelkisses98

• Members

So, my doc gave me a script for my 16 wk triple screening for downs, spina bifida ect, which needs to be done between 16-20 wks. I go last week, which was 17.5wks. My OB's office calls, and says I have to go for further testing the screening came up positive for spina bifida!! My world stopped in an instant. I called the perinatologist number they gave me, and they got me an appointment right away for a level 2 scan.

During the day they were able to obtain the paper work from Labcorp as well as the other ultrasounds I had. The tech did the scan, she does not see anything. At this point, I am still afraid to breath easy until I hear it from the doctor. The doctor comes in, and starts going over the paper work, where he discovers something interesting. Labcorp put in the wrong date! :angry: apparently, if your date is off it can throw out a false positive. I was 16wks on Oct 31. They put in October 23.

So I have endured 24 of agongy, guilt, fear, and anxioty for NO REASON :angry: My blood pressure was through the roof, I paced the house all night not getting any sleep, and i literally was sick with worry. Yes, vomited at the thought of my baby having this.

The only good thing that comes out of this is I get 3 more scans with the perinatologists now, on top of my "regular OB scans. So I get to see lots and lots more of my princess.

I am going to Labcorp in the morning, and chewing them a new ass! :angry:

• Members

I understand your pain but be happy nothing is wrong with your unborn. My wife is pregnant too and due in christmas and if we had have that happen I would freak too.

*HUGS* It's totally scary being pregnant to begin with, and I'm sure that didn't help. After all, everyone wants a healthy baby....hence why I did the c-section. Nothing was more important to me than my child's well-being. A scar I can deal with.

I have a friend that has a son with S.B., and, the boy has cathaders in both orrifices, but, the boy does karate, walks, and has pretty good mobility. He has some health issues, but they make do, deal with it, and he's pretty happy, and normal otherwise. I've asked her a lot of questions cuz I was curious, and she actually thanked me for that, since I was being direct, and asking, instead of assumming.

I'm glad everything is fine, and instead of going off on them (however, I would definitely bring it to their attention), just remember, you're pregnant, and your emotions may get the best of you, and then nothing would be accomplished towards a positive outcome. Write them a letter, telling them how much their error has given you stress, anxiety, and panic, and for a pregnant lady, that's not good, and they really need to be more careful with their date inputting.

*HUGS*

• Members
*HUGS* It's totally scary being pregnant to begin with, and I'm sure that didn't help. After all, everyone wants a healthy baby....hence why I did the c-section. Nothing was more important to me than my child's well-being. A scar I can deal with.

I have a friend that has a son with S.B., and, the boy has cathaders in both orrifices, but, the boy does karate, walks, and has pretty good mobility. He has some health issues, but they make do, deal with it, and he's pretty happy, and normal otherwise. I've asked her a lot of questions cuz I was curious, and she actually thanked me for that, since I was being direct, and asking, instead of assumming.

I'm glad everything is fine, and instead of going off on them (however, I would definitely bring it to their attention), just remember, you're pregnant, and your emotions may get the best of you, and then nothing would be accomplished towards a positive outcome. Write them a letter, telling them how much their error has given you stress, anxiety, and panic, and for a pregnant lady, that's not good, and they really need to be more careful with their date inputting.

*HUGS*

I ended up sending an email to the corporate office. I have not heard a word, though I am not surprised. And the reason I did it that way, was exactly what you said. I had enough stress in those 24 hours. They are not worth getting upset and raising my blood pressure again.

I ended up sending an email to the corporate office. I have not heard a word, though I am not surprised. And the reason I did it that way, was exactly what you said. I had enough stress in those 24 hours. They are not worth getting upset and raising my blood pressure again.

That, and you may not hear from them 'til at the very earliest, on Monday. Labs are usually off on the weekend (at least their office staff anyway). *hugs*

• Members
That, and you may not hear from them 'til at the very earliest, on Monday. Labs are usually off on the weekend (at least their office staff anyway). *hugs*

I doubt I will hear from them at all...