Official Community Forums Home

Summer Time

mailahn97

• Members

Well some kids have been out for a bit and some are just finishing up so it got me to thinking. Has anyone made any plans for the summer either vacation or day trips. What are some of the fun things that you like to do with your kids if you have any?

My daughter who is 7 1/2 is planning out the summer already....lol. It is funny as last year she was upset that there was a summer vacation. Now she is counting down to Wednesday which is her last day.

She is at a great age to take day trips and do things with. We do bowling, swimming, playdates with friends, amusement parks as well as other fun things. I love having special times with her.

• Members

No real plans yet..Waiting to see what is going on with the Princess..Plus you know as soon as missy finds out Princess is home, she's gonna be all over your ass to bring her over here.

• Members

When mine were small, I especially loved camping: starry nights of looking for the Big Dipper, creek walking and looking for crawdads and skinks...campfires and foilpacks...and fun with their mom at the campfire after they were fast asleep! ;)

• Members

we are going to the zoo & the the mall of america & the underwater adventure aquarium (all in Minnesota) next week.. for our 1 year anniversary & to see the child i gave for adoption (she's 20 months now) & for my other daughter's birthday (she'll be 5 on july 4th!!)

• Members

No real plans yet..Waiting to see what is going on with the Princess..Plus you know as soon as missy finds out Princess is home, she's gonna be all over your ass to bring her over here.

Oh I am sure. I showed her the new pics earlier and she just kept saying aww. I can understand you not having any plans yet. Hell when she comes home it will be party time.

When mine were small, I especially loved camping: starry nights of looking for the Big Dipper, creek walking and looking for crawdads and skinks...campfires and foilpacks...and fun with their mom at the campfire after they were fast asleep! wink.gif

We have been talking about camping as well. My parents live on 5 acres of ground in the mountains so we are thinking about doing camping when we go up there. Should be fun.

• Members

My girls are VERY EXCITED about school ending.

(They are 10 and 12) Tomorrow is their last day.

We usually plan some day trips. Alexandria Bay is 1 1/2 hrs away.

We take a boat tour and a stop at our favorite place--Boldt Castle on Heart Island.

There are lots of beautiful campgrounds we go to. We love tenting.

My girls love boating and fishing and we spend a lot of time

on the water and going through the canals.

Of course, no summer here in NY would be complete

without several trips to the New York State Fair !!

It's the finale of the summer, but it's also sad

because it means summer is ending.

• Members

No major plans - I never really cared much to go away. I am, however, communicating with other human beings of an appropriate age. This, for me, is a first.