Official Community Forums Home

Oops... I Did It Again

ilovebabyjada

• Members

hey everyone.

I'm sorry i've been gone for SO long... I got a fulltime job (as most of you know) and also got pregnant... and I've been super busy, kinda sick, and just plain exhausted. But now. my little one is in kindergarten, morning sickness has gone away... and I'm more settled in my job.

so for updates. I have a New Blog if you want to check it out...

I'm currently almost 18 weeks. (it will be 18 on tuesday). and I have an ultrasound on 10/28 and we'll hopefully be able to find out what we are having. Hubby is SO excited. I'm a little nervous, i believe it's the "commitment issue".. i've had 2 kids before and both times have no been with the guy after I got pregnant.. now I'm kind of nervous because I do have someone that is there the whole time & for the rest of my life... and I don't know why, but it's kind of scary for me. I love him to death tho & I couldn't be happier.

I have missed everyone! and I hope everythings going ok! i'll try to get online every couple of days... I hope i'm successful.

post-7891-128667682992_thumb.jpg

• Members

I also have to add... I was at the dr. for my 16 week check and was reading an article about "sexsomnia" and as I'm reading it I'm thinking "omg! that is me!" people that suffer from sexsomnia (i wouldn't call it suffering tho) appear to be awake & act like they are awake, and may even tell their partner they are awake, while having sex.

My husband has told me (almost 1 time a week) that we had sex the night before... I will have NO memory of this happening. he says he will smack me across the face to make sure i'm awake and I yell at him 'yes I'm awake"... although i never really wake up... They say it's like sleep walking, except your are doing the horizontal mambo... haha. I haven't brought it up with my dr yet because I have only had 3 visits with her and don't know her well enough to talk about my sex life yet.... maybe after the baby comes!

just thought this was interesting & thought i would share... The article was in a WEBMD based magazine....

• Members

Actually sexsomnia can be a really serious disorder. In rare cases, sufferers leave their homes and approach random strangers for sex. Or, in some cases, if there are children nearby when a sufferer falls asleep, he or she can inappropriately engage in sexual activity with a child.

I just think when we speak about these issues it is best not to minimize them (by saying, "I wouldn't call it suffering") because if you really have this disorder, it is extremely serious. Think of the ramifications of having unprotected sex? Think of the damage you could cause by making moves on friends, family, friend's spouses, etc.

This is a serious issue and should be treated as such.

• Members

well... I'm happy that I'm married and have someone to protect me. In the article it did say that it has acquitted people in rape cases (which scares the crap out of me).

It actually happened again last night as well. I woke up pretty well rested and my husband asked if I remembered anything from the night before. and my answer was no... I was not tired when I woke up. I had pleasant (non-sexual) dreams. and had no different feelings. He said that I usually initiate the sessions... but when I don't, and he starts it, I seem awake so he keeps going... This will be something I bring up with my Dr. but probably not until after I have the baby & am more comfortable talking about such issues....

So far I haven't hurt anyone by this & he seems to enjoy it. so it's not serious yet.....

Thanks for the heads up tho.

• Members

First, this is VERY serious. Anytime we engage in sexual activity that we do not remember is dangerous - even if with a loved one. Listen, I know this seems all hearts and flowers for your hubby, as he is the one benefitting. However, what happens if one night you wake up and walk out the door? Or, what happens if you give birth and leave the hospital? Sometimes people that have this very serious disorder get hit by cars, wander away and get raped, bad things happen. THis is serious and I just don't want you to think that it is not, or to make light of it at all.

Did this behavior start when you got pregnant?

• Members

This has been going on for awhile. not just a pregnancy thing & I don't sleep walk. sometimes I wake up after it's all said and done because I have to go to the bathroom (which is good & would also help protect against UTI's)... but For now I am protected & I do not get up and walk around the house when I'm sleeping. I fall asleep on the couch when he's watching tv. I wake up (he wakes me up) takes me to bed. and these happen usually between 1-2 AM and they don't last long at all (from what he has told me). I'm not worried about it because right now It's not that bad. & yes it can be serious & dangerous for some people...

but FOR ME I don't get up, I don't walk around, I don't leave my bedroom, let alone my bed. I am in NO danger... I'm almost sorry for bringing this up & that makes me almost sorry for coming back to the forum again. I thought some people might find this amusing, instead I get lectured for being "irresponsible" or thinking that i'm fine.