Official Community Forums Home

Fertility And Depo

• Members

My husband and I are currently trying to get pregnant.What is the best way to become more fertile when the 27th of last month, I got a depo shot?Also, how can we make my husband more fertile, as he has diabetes.

• Members

My first thought is that you only recently gave birth. In all reality, your body needs at least a year between delivery and getting pregnant again. If your husband has problems with diabetes and fertility, you may want to get a medical opinion. The doctor may be unwilling to do anything to assist with fertility until you have gone at least one year without birth control, and still are not pregnant.

To also add to what ToyQueen said, which was extremely good advice, I would suggest that you wait a while. You won't get pregnant right off the bat if you had a Depo shot less than a month ago. I wouldn't suggest it.

Let your body heal from the last one. Enjoy the new baby you already had. Take your time. Have you spoken with your hubby about getting pregnant again? Is he out of the house a lot? I'm sure you know how hard having one is, multiply that by 2. 2x less sleep, 2x less time with hubby, 2x the diapers! *shudders* 2x more money.......Is he for this?

Your body does need time to recouperate, not only from giving birth, but also the exhaustion that comes with having a baby.

Plus, you WANT all the birth control OUT of your system. They don't recommend that you try and get pregnant immediately after you stop a birth control method. Those hormones are still in your system, and that can cause issues with a pregnancy.

To also add to what ToyQueen said, which was extremely good advice, I would suggest that you wait a while. You won't get pregnant right off the bat if you had a Depo shot less than a month ago. I wouldn't suggest it.

Let your body heal from the last one. Enjoy the new baby you already had. Take your time. Have you spoken with your hubby about getting pregnant again? Is he out of the house a lot? I'm sure you know how hard having one is, multiply that by 2. 2x less sleep, 2x less time with hubby, 2x the diapers! *shudders* 2x more money.......Is he for this?

Your body does need time to recouperate, not only from giving birth, but also the exhaustion that comes with having a baby.

Plus, you WANT all the birth control OUT of your system. They don't recommend that you try and get pregnant immediately after you stop a birth control method. Those hormones are still in your system, and that can cause issues with a pregnancy.

Why did that post twice? (see, 2x more everything!! LMAO)