Official Community Forums Home

My Rants & My Raves

ReadyToMoveOn

• Members

???

I believe that was Internet Sarcasm...laugh.gif

• Members

Rant: Unemployment sucks. I hate this sitting around waiting.

Rave: I've been keeping myself busy trying to kick start my business.

Ready, the site ebbs and flows and some people are just here for the information and not to chat. Some people are just literally too timid to come out and say anything. That and we've covered so many topics here in the past that its pretty easy to find answers. Just give it time, keep posting and as we old-timers float back we'll make our comments and flutter off again. :)

Thanks Suzy...I understand your points, I really dont understand the "Too Timid" portion though... There is nothing wrong with sharing thoughts on an internet message board where everything is spoken with complete anonymously...

• Members

I really dont understand the "Too Timid" portion though... There is nothing wrong with sharing thoughts on an internet message board where everything is spoken with complete anonymously...

When I started out I was very timid choosing mostly not to respond. Even knowing I'm anonymous there was something very exposing and uncomfortable about sharing things with total strangers that I wouldn't share with any of my closest friends. As you can see I've gotten over that, as most will once they decide to start participating.

• Like 1

• Members

My rant for the day: those who can't--or won't--take the time to use grammar and spelling correctly, such as: too, two, and to; there, their, and they're; patients and patience. I realize that spell check doesn't catch those things, because they are spelled correctly. But these are pretty common words, and I get very frustrated when supposedly educated people don't use them properly. Off my soapbox... ;)

My rave: my granddaughter! She looked at me today, and tried to climb out of her mom's arms to get to me. What a great feeling!!!!! I love that girl!

• Like 1

• Members

Thanks Suzy...I understand your points, I really dont understand the "Too Timid" portion though... There is nothing wrong with sharing thoughts on an internet message board where everything is spoken with complete anonymously...

Well think about it, you have people who have so much knowledge and experience and you come in here with is seemingly a simple question, and you're intimidated. You don't want to sound dumb or naive. Or your really just that shy. I understand that not everyone is loud and outspoken (like Me!), it really is a very senestive area. (wink wink)

• Members

Rant ~ I am still at work, after almost 20 hours straight...dry.gif

Rave ~ Once I leave, I wont be back for several days...cool.gif

• Members

Rant: Glitter! The kind little girls play with. The kind that gets all over the house, all over your clothes, in the laundry, on the cat and the dog, near impossible to get rid of it all. The kind where a piece gets in your eye and you see funny flashes of light when you blink, and you litterally think you retina is becoming detached for a time till you figure it out.

Yeah, that kind of glitter. No sir, I don't like it.

• Members

Rant: Glitter! The kind little girls play with. The kind that gets all over the house, all over your clothes, in the laundry, on the cat and the dog, near impossible to get rid of it all. The kind where a piece gets in your eye and you see funny flashes of light when you blink, and you litterally think you retina is becoming detached for a time till you figure it out.

Yeah, that kind of glitter. No sir, I don't like it.

tongue.gif You may want to get used to the glitter girls love it for a looooong time.

• Members

o

:P You may want to get used to the glitter girls love it for a looooong time.

Being a Father of Daughters, I wish it only stopped at Gilitter, but it doesnt...Its all things that Glitter ...Much more costly...:P

• Members

Rant - I am in a Long Distance Relationship...Still...B)

Rave - I Care for the Woman I am in a Long Distance Relationship With...:kiss:

• Members

Rant - I am in a Long Distance Relationship...Still...B)

Can't you just get a dog? ;) (And NO! I don't mean that in a beastiality way! Just to have as a companion, always there for you when you need him, always loyal and faithful, to keep you legs warm at night, and always-- Goddammit! Stop chewing holes in my socks! And stop eating my shoe laces! Mmmm, maybe that's not such a good idea after all . . .)

• Members

I have a Dog, and she does all that and more...She's a Short Haired Pointer, true to her genes, she's full of energy ! Thanks for the suggestion though wink.gif

• Members

I have a Dog, and she does all that and more...She's a Short Haired Pointer, true to her genes, she's full of energy ! Thanks for the suggestion though wink.gif

she's full of energy..... Just like her Master. wink.gif

• Members

she's full of energy..... Just like her Master. wink.gif

Actually, Her name is " Lady ".... :D

• Members

I'm speechless....

LoL...Really, Cat have your tongue...:lol:

• Members

mouth full of, but I don't think it's the cat....cool.gif

Nice, and sexxy...:D

• Members

Rants: I am ovulating and my husband told me no this morning. He slept on the couch because he wanted to be "alone".

I desperately need to find a new job since my current one doesn't take out taxes and with only 5 months of working there I owe the government over $500 of taxes!! I don't even think so!

I am now convinced by reading your posts, its your DH who has the issues...Seek him help...Youre just fine Brandy!

Secondly, Taxes only become worse as you get older, your income usually increases, and you pay alot more then $500 a month in Federal Taxes.

Two things are are sure in life, Death and Taxes. Everything else is what you make out of life. Sorry. ;)

• Members

As for taxes. I have managed to knock off some of it so far by finding car repair receipts I had forgotten about and correctly gathering mileage :lol:

If you aren't paying taxes through payroll, and you have a hard time coming up with the money at the end of the quarter, then you might want to set up a separate account just for taxes and dedicate a % of your check (depending on how much you pay in taxes) to that account. just an idea, then you wouldn't have to scramble for the funds.

• Members

My big, long rant for the day:

Seeing shows like Toddlers & Tiaras disturbs the hell out of me!...Watching little baby girls made up and coached into acting like mini ho's & drama queen divas just turns my stomach! All mom's think their kids are gorgeous, but when you are so confused that you think it's a good idea to sexualize a child just to get attention you are crossing the line of good sense and responsible parenting! I have personally known mothers who started dressing their daughters and putting makeup on them like they were 16 and pushing the "boyfriend" crap from the 1st grade! Then people are shocked when they hear the statistics that nowdays the majority of girls are already giving blow jobs by the time they are 14 and a large number knocked up before 18! WTF???

I think it's very healthy and empowering for women to embrace their sexuality and not be repressed. It's a lifetime journey of exploration and if you can find that confidence and knowledge as a younger woman instead of at middle age you have a better chance of ending up in a relationship that will be more totally fulfilling. (notice I am saying WOMAN and NOT girl!)

The paradox is that you don't want to see young girls be promiscuous either. There are the obvious dangers and negative consequences such as STD's and unplanned pregnancies, but no matter how smart and mature they think they are a young ego can get lost among the drama of too many partners leaving and using you whether it's a one night stand or a relationship.

Talk to your kids openly and honestly about sexuality but don't preprogram them into thinking that's all they have to offer! They need to mature emotionally to be able to really appreciate and enjoy it anyway!

ok...sorry...I'll get off my soapbox now <_<

• Members

Since Taxes were brought up a few days ago, and it seems to be the season for giving to Our Federal Gov't...

My Rant This Morning....

Mitt Romney reported to have made over 21 Million USD in 2010, yet only paid 13% towards taxes...

How is it I am forced to pay close to 40% of my income, which doesnt even included California's State Taxes...

Hypocrisy at its finest...

My Rave This Morning...

Im still in Bed, having a 2nd cup of coffee, my dog is laying beside me...B)