Official Community Forums Home

My Rants & My Raves

ReadyToMoveOn

• Members

First Off My Rave ~ I found Too Timid and it has plethora of Forums and Topics which I am thoroughly interested in discussing and sharing stories and listening or reading of stories of others with similar interests.

My Rants ~ Though I have found Too Timid, it seems I may have stumbled across this site a bit late. Very little is discussed among the members here, at least not very often since the 1 week I have been a member. So I am somewhat disappointed of this fact, my late arrival here.

Another Rant ~ Long Distance Relationships, I am in one, committed, and I hate the distance...

Any Rants and Raves for you,,,

B)

Yes, things have seemed to have ebbed off a bit as of late.

I know that one of our very active members is moving & just went thru a divorce, so she has been a bit busy with her real life life.

Many of the "regulars" have become RL friends, and catch up mostly on Facebook.

I've been very busy myself with work, my daughter's karate, photography, jewelry making, and now I'm also making Lucky Horseshoe pieces. I love this time of year where I get all crafty, burn my fingers with my hot glue gun, and wear myself out, but I do have fun doing it!!

The Review Process has slowed down a bit. I know that I make one of my boxes last a couple of months, knowing that money is tight, and sales are down, I don't ask for assignments as much as I use too. Reviews usually get the forum up and going a bit. Have no fear, I have a box on the way!!! I hope Jaqueline has given me some fun & powerful things to try!!!

I'm on school vacation for the holidays, so I will be able to get here more often, and touch base. I hope others will as well!!!! :kiss:

• Members

Yes, things have seemed to have ebbed off a bit as of late.

I know that one of our very active members is moving & just went thru a divorce, so she has been a bit busy with her real life life.

Many of the "regulars" have become RL friends, and catch up mostly on Facebook.

I've been very busy myself with work, my daughter's karate, photography, jewelry making, and now I'm also making Lucky Horseshoe pieces. I love this time of year where I get all crafty, burn my fingers with my hot glue gun, and wear myself out, but I do have fun doing it!!

The Review Process has slowed down a bit. I know that I make one of my boxes last a couple of months, knowing that money is tight, and sales are down, I don't ask for assignments as much as I use too. Reviews usually get the forum up and going a bit. Have no fear, I have a box on the way!!! I hope Jaqueline has given me some fun & powerful things to try!!!

I'm on school vacation for the holidays, so I will be able to get here more often, and touch base. I hope others will as well!!!! :kiss:

Hmmmm, not much of a "Rant or Rave"

But I am looking forward to more commentary from you and others, time permitting of course.

:P

• Members

Things do tend to slow down at times. I do agree with Tyger a lot of us over time have become friends on other levels whether phone, facebook or yahoo which is nice. It does help when someone comes on and revives old threads. I will say with the holidays it does tend to slow down as so much is going on. You are doing a great job of bringing up old threads I will tell you that one. Especially ones I have not looked at in a while. I know myself I have been busy between being a single mom and trying to go back to work but at the same time trying to support my daughter.

Best of luck with your searches on the site and feel free to jum in on old topics or create new ones as you have been.

• Members

Things do tend to slow down at times. I do agree with Tyger a lot of us over time have become friends on other levels whether phone, facebook or yahoo which is nice. It does help when someone comes on and revives old threads. I will say with the holidays it does tend to slow down as so much is going on. You are doing a great job of bringing up old threads I will tell you that one. Especially ones I have not looked at in a while. I know myself I have been busy between being a single mom and trying to go back to work but at the same time trying to support my daughter.

Best of luck with your searches on the site and feel free to jum in on old topics or create new ones as you have been.

Thnks SS...

But you too havent listed any of your "Rants & Raves"

Hmmm :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Rant: Having to play twenty-questions with the Mrs. just to get the most basic info out of her, that should take one or two questions.

Rant: Sitting at a red light, watching heavy traffic fly by on the cross road at 50 mph or more, and noticing how many drivers have their heads down, presumably texting or dialing a cell phone.

Rave: Call me immature, but I get a smug smirk seeing pictures of Kim Jong Il's funeral procession, led by three big American-made Lincoln Continentals.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

• My Rave...I appreciate " Too Timid " has archived and maintained much of its contents within the Forums here...It makes for good reading of what Posters were thinking at one time...

• MY RANT... Im still somewhat confused how so many here can lurk and read and seek out topics and not voice or opine of what he/she has just read...Ive try my damnedest to kick start these Forums once again, but it seems all in vain... There are one or two others which also have contributed of late. However most of the time, it seems Im only discussing topics with myself...Its a shame, as it seems like such a great site, and the format here is one of the best Ive seen. Im most definitely perplexed how someone can be part of something for years, and not offer any opinion, as Ive seen. This is not an Essay contest, where content is graded upon what is written, rather its a community which shares a common interest, and that interest is SEX...Not grammar or anything of the sort...So if someone has inhibitions of sharing their thoughts because of possibly what may be thought of their writing skills, please re-think your thoughts and just allow your thoughts to be to through the keyboard before you.

Ok...Ive been a member of this site for only 1 month, Ive tried to share my thoughts on anything which grabbed my interest... Thanks for reading... Maybe I'll just stick to the archives... And just keep my foolish thoughts to myself...

OK, Im done with my RANTING ...cool.gif

• Members

• My Rave...I appreciate " Too Timid " has archived and maintained much of its contents within the Forums here...It makes for good reading of what Posters were thinking at one time...

• MY RANT... Im still somewhat confused how so many here can lurk and read and seek out topics and not voice or opine of what he/she has just read...Ive try my damnedest to kick start these Forums once again, but it seems all in vain... There are one or two others which also have contributed of late. However most of the time, it seems Im only discussing topics with myself...Its a shame, as it seems like such a great site, and the format here is one of the best Ive seen. Im most definitely perplexed how someone can be part of something for years, and not offer any opinion, as Ive seen. This is not an Essay contest, where content is graded upon what is written, rather its a community which shares a common interest, and that interest is SEX...Not grammar or anything of the sort...So if someone has inhibitions of sharing their thoughts because of possibly what may be thought of their writing skills, please re-think your thoughts and just allow your thoughts to be to through the keyboard before you.

Ok...Ive been a member of this site for only 1 month, Ive tried to share my thoughts on anything which grabbed my interest... Thanks for reading... Maybe I'll just stick to the archives... And just keep my foolish thoughts to myself...

OK, Im done with my RANTING ...cool.gif

Yes, I too have seen the tides turn here. At one time there was a tremendous amount of traffic and opinions on any given subject. It was fun, entertaining and informative. I'm not sure what the problem is, I have theorized in the past but, the forum has fallen and one can only hope to be optimistic in this new year. Otherwise it will be a thing of the past :(.

• Members

I am somewhat confused how more people/posters/guest are online, but less is discussed. Only a handful of posters actually engage in any type of dialogue... Disappointing...

• Members

I am somewhat confused how more people/posters/guest are online, but less is discussed. Only a handful of posters actually engage in any type of dialogue... Disappointing...

It seems to have always been that way, but it's never been as slow as this. And yes I agree very disappointing.

• Members

It seems to have always been that way, but it's never been as slow as this. And yes I agree very disappointing.

I dont understand how someone can read a thread or just any given topic, and not have an opinion on what he/she has just read. Even if just looking for advice as in "How To"... A simple "thanks for the advice" would suffice, that way the poster advising would know someone had been helped one way or another with the advice given...

And no one is looking for "Hemingway" type replies or comments, just comments with your own opinion.

Ok, Im done flogging this horse. biggrin.gif

• Members

I dont understand how someone can read a thread or just any given topic, and not have an opinion on what he/she has just read. Even if just looking for advice as in "How To"... A simple "thanks for the advice" would suffice, that way the poster advising would know someone had been helped one way or another with the advice given...

And no one is looking for "Hemingway" type replies or comments, just comments with your own opinion.

Ok, Im done flogging this horse. biggrin.gif

Hahaha no your not... You'll be flogging again I can feel it. laugh.gif

Seriously, I think newbies must feel apprehensive at first, I know I was. "I've come a long way baby" ! biggrin.gif

• Members

Hahaha no your not... You'll be flogging again I can feel it. laugh.gif

Seriously, I think newbies must feel apprehensive at first, I know I was. "I've come a long way baby" ! biggrin.gif

Hmmmm, well today was somewhat more active. If its inductive of things to come, maybe Too Timid will be OK...rolleyes.gif

• Members

Hmmmm, well today was somewhat more active. If its inductive of things to come, maybe Too Timid will be OK...rolleyes.gif

Makes me think that maybe an induction ceremony is in order for said newbies. What do you think we should do?

• Members

Makes me think that maybe an induction ceremony is in order for said newbies. What do you think we should do?

Where was my ceremony when I arrived? Im just happy to see active participants, new posters or not so new, its good to see participation from others...biggrin.gif

• Members

RANT : Traffic ... Why in the middle of the day is traffic still so damned horrific in Los Angeles...mad.gif

RAVE : Being where I need to be for the day... biggrin.gif

• Members

Where was my ceremony when I arrived? Im just happy to see active participants, new posters or not so new, its good to see participation from others...biggrin.gif

RANT : Traffic ... Why in the middle of the day is traffic still so damned horrific in Los Angeles...mad.gif

RAVE : Being where I need to be for the day... biggrin.gif

Well it was that horrific traffic that caused you to miss your very important induction ceremony. I guess we'll have to private ceremony just for you.wink.gif

• Members

Well it was that horrific traffic that caused you to miss your very important induction ceremony. I guess we'll have to private ceremony just for you.wink.gif

Traffic will not be an issue for any such private ceremony.. BTW, just how private will this be...rolleyes.gif

• Members

very....wink.gif

I was there, where were you ? Plz dont say traffic...ohmy.gif

• Members

Another Rant: I am sad I don't get to see my favorite band in concert this leg of their tour. They didn't give much notice between announcing the dates and tickets going on sale and they've changed things so all the good seats are now $225 instead of $65 :(

They're not nearly as good as they used to be; they've really gone downhill, you didn't miss much . . .

• Members

Rant: Product downsizing. It's been going on since before my time, but it still makes me mad :angry:

The latest is toilet paper. Not only are the individual sheets getting shorter, they are getting narrower. It's become almost like wiping with cash register receipts.

And ice cream. It used to was that it came in half-gallon containers. That was the starndard size. Now they're all a quart-and-a-half, sometimes a hair bigger. But no where can I find a good old half gallon container anymore. Grrr :angry::angry::angry:

• Members

Rant: Unemployment sucks. I hate this sitting around waiting.

Rave: I've been keeping myself busy trying to kick start my business.

Ready, the site ebbs and flows and some people are just here for the information and not to chat. Some people are just literally too timid to come out and say anything. That and we've covered so many topics here in the past that its pretty easy to find answers. Just give it time, keep posting and as we old-timers float back we'll make our comments and flutter off again. :)