Official Community Forums Home

Long Distance Relationships

• Members

Ready, I actually am in a very similar situation. This is a man I have spoken with for over 4 years. I have shared experiences with him that I have shared with no one else--ever. But his job requires him to be overseas somewhat frequently, and training elsewhere when he's in the States. I have had the same job for a very long time, and I'm good at what I do. Plus, my kids are almost raised, and I can't uproot them at this time. There are other issues, but I'm not going to list them all here. Right now, today, I would give almost anything to have him walk in my front door. However, I honestly don't know if I will ever see him in this life.........

That sounds somewhat worse than what I am currently experiencing...

A few things you have stated in your post above, but have you been with this Man physically...Or is more just conversations over the phone, internet and texts...

Sounds as frustrating as my own situation...

• Members

That sounds somewhat worse than what I am currently experiencing...

A few things you have stated in your post above, but have you been with this Man physically...Or is more just conversations over the phone, internet and texts...

Sounds as frustrating as my own situation...

Well, I could choose one of several LDRs for you. Would you like to know about my FWB--the one I haven't seen in 4 1/2 years? Or the man I thought I was going to marry--whose child couldn't figure out how to hold a job, pay a bill, or stay off drugs unless his daddy was holding his hand?!?

Sometimes, you don't have to be with a person physically to know them just as well--maybe better--than one you've been with...

• 1 month later...
  • Members

distance may be a hindrance for you can feel the love of your partner more if you are just a breath apart with him/her but as long as you have communication, I mean constant communication the love will definitely lasts :)

• Members

distance may be a hindrance for you can feel the love of your partner more if you are just a breath apart with him/her but as long as you have communication, I mean constant communication the love will definitely lasts :)

This is true, and we do have constant communications....With todays internet and cell phones, most anything is possible...All except sex...But even some manage that...I much prefer the actual touch however...

• Members

I've heard plenty of arguments against it, some for it. All I really know is as follows: I love him, he loves me, and it's one of the best (if not the best) things that has ever happened to me. It's worked out thus far. All of our in-person meetings have gone well, and while we've dealt with conflict and disagreement (like... -any- couple...) we've dealt with it better, more honestly and openly than I have with anyone else I've ever known. As for the subject of moving? We share the same opinion. It'd be worth it, as long as we're together.