Official Community Forums Home

Looking For Love On The Net?

pappyld04

• Members

I have not been very active here of late. Back when this board was very active there were some threads about internet romance. I am not going to say that it cannot happen, I want to tell everyone what is happening out there now. I have been spending time with 2 sites that deal with the problems of internet romance. I have seen people that have bilked out of a lot of money and it pisses me off!

These people get their hook in you and you will regret it. They do not care about what suffering they bring on you. They will use you to launder money, to cash bogus checks, and they will not stop until you are no longer able to serve their purpose.

There are signs to watch out for with these people. Are they from America? bad English and grammar? Were they recently relocated to Africa? Is the profile saying something along the line of "am loving wo/man looking for soulmate"?

We are seeing a lot of Russian, some Canadian, Australian, and UK scammers also. If you are in doubt please Google bits of their mail to you or their email address. There's a good chance you will find yourself reading stories that will make you sick to your stomach!

Be very careful when you go online folks! I only said love there because these people who fall prey to those are taken for everything. These people are on CraigsList, Kajiji, AutoTrader and many other places. Some just do not take the romance route.

Pappy

• Members

I have not been very active here of late. Back when this board was very active there were some threads about internet romance. I am not going to say that it cannot happen, I want to tell everyone what is happening out there now. I have been spending time with 2 sites that deal with the problems of internet romance. I have seen people that have bilked out of a lot of money and it pisses me off!

These people get their hook in you and you will regret it. They do not care about what suffering they bring on you. They will use you to launder money, to cash bogus checks, and they will not stop until you are no longer able to serve their purpose.

There are signs to watch out for with these people. Are they from America? bad English and grammar? Were they recently relocated to Africa? Is the profile saying something along the line of "am loving wo/man looking for soulmate"?

We are seeing a lot of Russian, some Canadian, Australian, and UK scammers also. If you are in doubt please Google bits of their mail to you or their email address. There's a good chance you will find yourself reading stories that will make you sick to your stomach!

Be very careful when you go online folks! I only said love there because these people who fall prey to those are taken for everything. These people are on CraigsList, Kajiji, AutoTrader and many other places. Some just do not take the romance route.

Pappy

Sound advice.

Yes, those nasty chain letters from Port Au Prince, South Africa, with promises of thousands if not millions. It seems many people which fall prey to these tactics are "Lonely, desperate, and sexually frustrated" much like me.... Wait, so how much will true internet love cost me....

Though I dont know of any one person who has fallen victim to these modern day grifters, but as youve pointed out, we have all heard the stories.

Again, good looking out an sharing your thoughts on the matter.