Official Community Forums Home

How To Get Her Into A Shop

Survey_chef

• Members

My wife has stated for years that she would like to add some toys to our bedroom.

Whenever I suggest we go to a store she does not want to. Finally I found out why. She is afraid someone will see her. At the same time, she does not want to go online because she would like to see them in person first.

It does not work to go to some outside the city because the next closest shop is nearly 2 hours away?

Any suggestions on how to get her in a shop or how to convince her to order online without seeing the toys?

• Members

I would suggest with starting with a shop that is female focused. Maybe pick a time to go when there are generally few people around. Be gentle and talk about how much fun it might be to check things out together. If she will not go, then ask if she would mind if you ordered one item you both have been looking at just to see what it's like. Try to make it fun, maybe even comical (if she likes humor). It can be a big step walking into a toy store. She may have some past ideas of them being sleezy places (a few are), or filled with men. Maybe call the store and together ask a few questions. The women who work in these stores are usually very helpful and friendly. If, the next time you are on vacation try walking into a shop when you are far from home. It can be less intimidating when there is less possibility of possibly seeing someone she may know. Good luck and keep exploring.

• Like 1

• Members

I get your wife; I would not go into a store for anything! The only way to get started it so take a chance. Decide what you want to start with, then check out the beginner toys and read the reviews. You could surprise her with a toy of your choosing….. I always loved to be surprised, maybe she would too.

• Members

I have the answer. Got to the shop that's 2 hours away , that way nobody will know her and she will feel more comfortable. It's worth the drive!!!! :-))))