Official Community Forums Home

Hi I am new to the forum, but wanted to step up and get advice. My wife and I have had a great sex life for 40 years. In my younger days, I could bring her to many orgasms with oral sex. As I aged we switched to the rabbit vibrator, because it took so long for her to have one, I nearly passed out from exhaustion. The Rabbit was capable of getting her to multiple orgasms, until about a month ago. For the last month, No matter how long we (she) tried, she suddenly couldn't achieve orgasm. (She is 70 years old). I have tried some new vibrators from Too Timid, like the clit stimulator, and am about to try the Tongue, but they don't seem to be working, after an hour of stimulation, she just gives up. What do you think? Just too old? Hormones? Haven't found the right stimulator? Other things to try? I perform foreplay (Breast attention and fondling and rubbing her body) but nothing helps. It seems odd that this just stopped so suddenly. Help!

Guest Mrs.BettyCrocker

Hi hutch000!

I'm so sorry to hear that your wife is having this kind of issue! I think my first piece of advice is that she go see her doctor or OBGYN. The sudden loss of sexual drive or the ability to orgasm can be an indicator of a more serious underlying issue. It could very well be hormones or something like that which can be easily remedied.

As far as toys go, have you tried a clitoral pump? This works much like a male pump, where the suction helps to draw blood into the clit or penis, making it more sensitive to stimulation. The Vibrating Silicone Butterfly Clitoral Pump has a very soft silicone cup lined with small ticklers and a multi function bullet. That will allow you to add stimulation and the pumping action.

If it's a matter of the Rabbit just not having enough horsepower to get the job done, then I'd suggest a wand massager. The Lust Silicone Wand is a personal favorite, and has 20 functions, different intensity levels, and is completely rechargeable. The Original Magic Wand is also a great option, and is electric powered, so its got REALLY powerful vibrations.

The last thing I can suggest is trying out a clitoral cream. The Wanna Be Explosive Clitoral Arousal Cream comes in 5 really yummy flavors. I have very sensitive skin and have never had an issue with this cream. (The Cupcake flavor is DELICIOUS!) Intimate Organics makes a Gentle Clitoral Gel that is certified organic and has great reviews. System Jo also makes a clit cream, the Jo Clitoral Stimulating Gel- Atomic which comes in a reusable tube applicator.

I hope you're able to find some answers and some relief! It must be very frustrating for both of you! Check out some of the different toy options and be sure to rule out medical issues! Feel free to message me if you have any other questions!

- Ali

*Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR. I'm not dispensing medical advice! Just friendly helpful notions! (though I DO look great in a lab coat)* 

Hi Again, Ali,

I notice you offered a clitoral pump as one of the trials. I just got an order from Too Timid, where the vibrating clitoris pump was offered for free. It doesn't work! The pump part works, but the vibrator does not. Can you help me here?

Thanks!

Guest Mrs.BettyCrocker

Absolutely! I'm so sorry to hear your freebie wasn't working. Please send me an email at alessandra@tootimid.com with your order number and I'd be happy to help you get a working replacement asap!

- Ali

I agree with Mrs.BettyCrocker. The sudden loss of being able to achieve orgasm may be more of a medical issue, not a sexual issue. Is your wife on any sort of medications that are new to her? Some prescriptions do kill the sex drive, and that can contribute to the loss of desire/ability to achieve orgasm.

Good luck! And, yes, the fun is in the experimenting!!!

• Members

Tyger is absolutely correct here. Medications can have a devastating effect on sexuality. There are also physiological changes that happen as we all age that can effect sexual pleasure. I would suggest a good frank conversation with a physician that has a good understanding of sexuality (not all physicians have this training). There could be a number of factors that contribute to the loss of desire and/or orgasm. One you rule in or out physical causes then it may be psychological factors. On the other hand, if you have a good and enjoyable sex life keep it up. Orgasm is not the only factor in sexual happiness or health. I wish you all the best.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2016 at 7:16 AM, RC4BLUE said:

Tyger is absolutely correct here. Medications can have a devastating effect on sexuality. There are also physiological changes that happen as we all age that can effect sexual pleasure. I would suggest a good frank conversation with a physician that has a good understanding of sexuality (not all physicians have this training). There could be a number of factors that contribute to the loss of desire and/or orgasm. One you rule in or out physical causes then it may be psychological factors. On the other hand, if you have a good and enjoyable sex life keep it up. Orgasm is not the only factor in sexual happiness or health. I wish you all the best.

Thanks for the support RC. I would add that you should probably have her OB/GYN have this discussion with her, and you too if your wife is comfortable with it. Most GYN's are very good about listening to these issues.

• 3 months later...

I'd be interested to know how things are going with them as well.

• Like 1

• Members

Premarin vaginal creams (prescription) not only helps keeps the vagina skin strong and resistant to fissures, but I also rub it all over my clit (out skin) labia and area around the vaginal area ... and have noticed an INCREASED need for orgasms and sexual stimulation. I get Premarin, but I am sure your wife's doctor and prescribed her something that is right for her. I have also applied some to my nipples and they are extra extra sensitive !!! I am hungry for sex constantly since using the creams. I believe the cream has estrogen in it - so that is probably why... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I had a very low libido during my 20s.  I was repressed, stressed and overworked.  Strained my relationship with my hubby.  I also had never masturbated so I didn't know what I needed to get off.  No doubt being more experienced your wife doesn't have this issue but I know how hard it can be.  I hope it works out.