Official Community Forums Home

Starter Condoms

square

• Members

Suppose you are a modern, progressive, forward thinking parent, and decide to keep a stock of condoms on hand in case one of your coming-of-age kids needs one but is too embarrassed to go buy their own.

Is there a basic brand/model that would be good?  It has been a very long time since I purchased or used condoms.  Lubricated, for sure.  What about latex vs non-latex?  (I have a latex allergy/sensitivity, but these would not be for me.)

The girl I first boinked back in the day, and who was much wiser than me, recommended Ramses Extra (which I think got bought up by Durex and is no longer made by that name) because it was lubricated and had minoxidil-9 (or maybe nonoxynol-9; one makes hair grow on your palms and one is a spermicide) to kill any runaway sperms.  I have since read that nonoxynol-9 in that application does not really help prevent pregnancy, and can irritate the vagina and make the girl more susceptible to contracting HIV, so I would shy away from nonoxynol-9 in the starter condom search.

• Like 1

• Members

There are non-latex, rubber condoms that work well for,those with latex sensitivity. Over all most of the manufactures of condos all have good protection. I just saw that LELO has a new condom. I haven't seen it in person yet, but the design looks interesting.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Review Team

I would look for a good lubricated non latex to have available just because of not knowing about the other persons allergies

• Like 1