Official Community Forums Home

Which To Choose

my wife and I have been together for 7 yrs., two of them married. A few years ago she tried a vibrator but it didn't last too long, it bothered her said igot too warm/hot while inside her. it wasn't made of special material, we want to try using one again which is good to start with and which material should we get. thanks for any info.

• Members

Hey scottp...

Jelly covered vibrators warm up to body temp, but not much beyond (unless friction becomes an issue) are soft and generally comfortable to use. So a couple of vibes, available through TooTimid, might fit the bill... Try the Hot Pinks (item #SE0330-04-2) or Jill Kelly's Jelly Vibe (item #TO5712-6). Both are great, and trying them, experimenting with them is the only REAL way to know. Neither is too large or intimidating, so a "beginner" won't be frightened away from toy play... One thing that will make it all much more fun, though, is to USE LUBE!!!! I suggest Astroglide (item #ZASTRO44). It is absolutely the best lube, is water-based for easy clean up and compatibility with most toys, and a little goes a long way... It tastes a little funny (if that comes up) but all lubes do, even the flavored ones... kinda like any artificial product... like grape soda that doesn't taste like grapes... but that's the nature of the lube beast...

I would recommend getting a few toys (no, i don't work for TooTimid), trying them, and having some fun... Keep it fun, shop the site together, and enjoy the intimacy of the process... from viewing all the products, to the anticipation of opening the box when it arrives... Make your wife feel comfortable reading some of the posts (Mikayla is brilliant and her views are really helpful... she's an experienced user) and choosing what she is interested in... It's all good... ;)

• Members

Hi scottp, and welcome to Too-Timid! You've definately found the best place to get the answers to your questions. There are some great product reviews on this site and the moderators know their stuff.

I prefer toys that require three to four batteries; micro-butterfly and jelly-covered vibrating eggs are some of my favorites! I also try to stay away from hard plastic type. I've burned up a few vibrators myself and sometimes they need a break :huh: !

• Members

Welcome ScottP!

I would say that whatever vibe your wife tried before probably wasn't the best quality - vibes nowadays are a little better heat resistant. As Blissful has suggested to you, the Jel-le material are generally the most popular - as they are inexpensive (in comparison), soft, pliable and comfortable to use. There is a WIDE range of styles, colors and functions to choose from.

Was your wife only interested in a vibe - or something more like a dual action (insertable and clitoral stim simulaneously)?

Does she want it to be hard, soft, realistic looking or not realistic?

Always lube up - lube helps to make it comfortable, it also helps to disperse the heat from HER and the TOY.

So, shop around, read some reviews, answer our questions and someone will point you to something your wife will LOVE! :D

Mikayla