Official Community Forums Home

I'm married, but I think someone is crushing on me

Cinnamon 2112

• Members

There's a man I see fairly regularly, that I think is is crushing on me, I'm married but it's kind of exciting to have someone like me. 😊 Is it wrong? Or should I just enjoy the attention?

• Like 2

• Members

While it is a great feeling to have attention, in your relationship do you have an open relationship or a close one? Your partner may not like the idea of you getting attention. Or your partner may be excited that you are. It would depend on your relationship whether or not you want to play with the attention. My suggestion is let your partner know, have a discussion and see where the boundaries of your relationship lay.

• Like 1

• Members

I guess it's one of those "it depends" things.  My wife gets hit on often enough when she's out.  I'm not worried about her letting it go anywhere, so it doesn't bother me.  I'll sometimes flirt with girls at work, but it is very lighthearted stuff and would never go anywhere.  My wife isn't bothered by it, and if anything is a bit amused by it.  Crushing sounds a little beyond flirting, though.  Does he know you're married?  Do you get the impression he thinks this might lead to more? Could it be something you think you can control, but turn into you falling for temptation?  Or might he be a psycho nut job who could turn murderous if things don't pan out they way he wants?

• Members
On 7/7/2018 at 2:23 AM, Cinnamon 2112 said:

There's a man I see fairly regularly, that I think is is crushing on me, I'm married but it's kind of exciting to have someone like me. 😊 Is it wrong? Or should I just enjoy the attention?

There's nothing wrong with enjoying the attention as he doesn't cross the line. There's nothing wrong with being appreciated and other people noticing what makes you special. Always remember the loving spouse at the house and if that other man gets fresh let him know you're married. 

• Like 1