Official Community Forums Home

Sex Drive Has Suddenly Gone

trickychick

• Members

Hi all,

I just went back on the pill, not yet 3 weeks have gone by and boom, I am not interseted in sex. This seems too much of a coincidence, since before that I was well randy, now I couldnt care less. Ive tried to find out on the internet if the pill lessens libido, but cant really find answers that agree. Im on the mini-pill (progestrogen only) and Im really dissapointed, as I just emailed my SO some of the 'sex-ed 'stuff from here, which he has been trying, but Im just not interested, very frustrating!

Any ideas? :(

• Members

Hiya trickychick, Well since it is a hormone pill yes it can, have side effects like this. When my last son was born 3years ago, they put me on the pill because I was having so many other problems, I then had a hysterectomy.

The hormone in the mini-pill is the same hormone that you find in pregnant women. So basically you could have the same side effects as if you were pregnant. I know that when I got pregnant the first few months I wanted nothing to do with sex. Let your body adjust to the medication, it usually takes a few weeks, then if no change talk to your DR.

I only know this since that is the same medication they have put my daughter on since her periods are so adnormal but then again she is only 10, I asked alot of questions about it. When I was taking it after my son was born, I was only taking it for about 2months before my hysterectomy. I wanted nothing to do with sex, but then again I also just had a baby. Everybody's system adjust differently to hormone pills. If this doesn't seem to go away after your body adjust talk to your DR about it.

Hope this helps! :)