Official Community Forums Home

Annual Physical

Crazygurl0203

• Members

They bumped it up from Nov 14th to October 19th.

We're going to discuss why i am getting so many UTI's and all the other wonderful stuff they do at a physical.

I also should be testing soon with a HPT to find out if i am indeed pregnant...

I also need to loose some weight and i know your not supposed to when your pregnant but is there a way that i can without harming the baby..??

If i ate salads everyday for lunch and supper....Maybe Cherrios for Breakfast but i need to add sugar to that cause plain is gross. Will that help me loose some weight??

TIA

Amanda

• Members

Oh no i don't have a diabetes problem.

I passed my 1 hour guclose test with my first pregnancy....failed the 1 hour but passed the 3 hour with my second pregnancy.

Although my blood pressure was a little high while i was at the ER on Sat. Evening. It was 152/71 I am normally 125 or 130/80....I was a little shocked, but they didn't seem overly concerned about it. I asked them if that was high and she said its a little but that's why your here...

I would like to loose atleast 100lbs....If i can't then that's fine but i would feel healthy if i did...I have been walking constantly and watching what i eat...I try not to eat so much red meat...I try to substitute it for Turkey(hamburger)

I eat a lot of Chicken...Its 95% of the time skinless and or boneless.

I have been listening to a weight managment program on CD...Its a hypnotist.....They seem to be helping...

Yes, no i would never consider loosing weight without a medical advise if i am pregnant...Now if it turns out that i am not then...I am going to try to loose all the weight i can then try to get pregnant.

Well, if I am remembering correctly, you're TRYING to get pregnant, correct?

Anyway, dropping that amount of weight while pregant, probably isn't a great idea. Because it would be very hard for the doctors to monitor how much weight you've put on for/from the baby.

You MUST talk to your doctor before doing any sort of dieting, which many women DON'T do. But if you are pregnant (and if you're not sure if you are or not, then act like you ARE), then you definitely need to consult your doctor. S/he may recommend a nutritionist as well. But please don't take our words for medical advise, because we are just onliners, and you don't KNOW us, and we don't know your physical conditions either. We're just going by what WE know and have been thru.

I lost weight doing the whole salad thing, and bone/skinless chicken. Exercise is the key though. If you have a lagging energy level, no matter how much you diet, the plateau of weight loss will be lower. Unless you are physically restricted in some way, most OB/GYNs and doctors will recommend that you DO exercise, moderately and lightly, while pregnant. It will help keep you fit, and not fat, while preggo, and will increase your stamina for labor. Plus, after, you will have the energy to restart your exercising, and loose any baby weight.

Good luck to you.