Official Community Forums Home

Peyronie’s disease

shaved

• Members

Hi I have been diagnosed with Peyronie’s, they want to a series of Xiaflex injections, I have heard mixed reviews, I am obviously at a point where I need to do something, my curvature is getting worse and my wife is turned off by my appearance, what are the plus and minuses or other options please 

• Members

I have it but my wife doesn’t seem to mind when I went to the doctor one of the best in Chicago he said they put a small slit in your penis to straighten it out but the down fall for me was no sex for a good month and I might lose a inch or so. But that was me get second opinions. I don’t also have any pain associated with this problem. Good Luck

On 11/26/2020 at 10:12 PM, shaved said:

Hi I have been diagnosed with Peyronie’s, they want to a series of Xiaflex injections, I have heard mixed reviews, I am obviously at a point where I need to do something, my curvature is getting worse and my wife is turned off by my appearance, what are the plus and minuses or other options please 

Though I'm not familiar with this condition, if it's causing you pain or discomfort with sex or basic bodily functions, I read your other post in another thread, so I saw the pic and the responses.

I'd do the injections. No sex for a month while you heal is not that long, and so I'd do it. Though I'm sure shots and/or surgical procedures on your penis isn't something that a guy really looks forward to!  Going by your picture, it doesn't look bad at all. Many men have a slight curvature to their organs.

It saddens me to read that your wife is turned off by your penis' changing shape. It's not something that can be helped. If her breasts started to sag, wouldn't she get upset if you told her that her breasts were now a turn off? Or if her hair turned white and she couldn't dye it? Or, if her labia started to change shape due to a medical condition? I just don't see how that's a kind thing to say.

For better or for worse, in sickness and in health......

That's my opinion at least.

• Like 2