Official Community Forums Home

Vacectomy

goodtaste

• Members

I personally do not have a vasectomy, but I wonder if a guy that has had this medical procedure is more likely to want to cheat on his SO, sometime later after the precedure. My first topic, new to the site,very informative. I hope this question gets some responses.

• Members

[While I see where you are going with this (no fear of pregnancy make it easier to cheat) - I do not think that is necessarily the case. I think Howard has it right, those who cheat - CHEAT...period. I do think that many men have this procedure because they are having an active sex life with their SO, therefore to have the procedure and then cheat seems a little out of order. Most men cheat because their sex lives are not fullfilling - if a man has gone through the vasectomy for his partner, I am guessing that his sex life is at least decent.

Those, of course, are my statistics!

Good question...

Mikayla

• Members

My hub had a vasectomy 5 years ago and I know a few other guys who have had it done, and it just seems to make them more confadent lovers, one less thing to worry about. I do not see where it would make you want to cheat. The only problem with having it done is some men feel like it would make them less of a man, and that is another issue all togeather.

Personally I love that hubby had the vasectomy, We have a running joke about it..I tell him that he taste great and is less filling..( as in no more babie)..LOL

• 1 month later...

well i am goin to put my 2 cents in....

i had this done about 2-3 yrs ago and it hasnt affected my sex drive at all. if it did anything at all, it made my sex drive go up. Now i want it all the time!! it hasn't made me want to cheat at all just love my wife even more

josh

• 4 weeks later...

I agree that those who want to cheat will cheat and those who have decided to respect their vows won't. With everything else out there (STD), pregnancy may be the least of a cheater's worries. Having one sure has made our sex life better.