Official Community Forums Home

Generalization In Posts.....

Tyger

OK, so some threads are getting a bit long, because some people take things a bit TOO personally, in my humble opinion.

First, AGAIN, let me state, that I'm pretty sure that I can speak for most of our posters here, that when we say "most", or "in our experience", does NOT mean that we think EVERY man/woman does the mentioned behaviors. For example, I don't believe ALL men just want to get their "nut", and not care about their partner. I also don't think that all men are insensitive jerks. It's just a generalization, but by no means how we think EVERYONE is (usually).

We're just posting by how we read a post. Sometimes tones can be mistaken, and then people get insulted. Believe me when I say we DO NOT insult people here for their opinions or beliefs intentionally. Some of us are more blunt, upfront, and direct than others, which can be taken way out of context. When a question is put forth from a topic, it's usually due to us not understanding something that was written, not because we believe someone is lying.

Please believe me, when, at least on my part, that when I post, it's in the most respectful, nicest tone there can be over the internet. Trust me, when I get insulted or angry, there will be NO question.

Sorry if anyone gets offended by this. I just wanted to get it off my chest.

Much love and respect

~Tyger

• Members

Tyger, I am with you on this one and wanted to let you know you did a great job. I also want people to know that I also just post my opinion in the nicest most respectful way. I think alot of times people will ask a question, and then kinda get taken back by the reponsives they get, even though we are just trying to help and stating opinions.

People post in all types of different ways, I know that at one time or another we had to have a beginning point whether we were searching the web for a new toy or searching the web to get help in our relationship and found this site that is full of information and help. We all have different ways of posting, this board works to help others. I also just want everyone to know that we are here to try to help in the best way we can.

I to if I get issulted or angry to, there will be NO question. You know though I have seen spats here and there but you know what people are people and I am sure there is nothing intentional about it. There is a little golden rule in life that I live by and also have taught my children, DON"T assume that someone is offended, insulted or angry, or that someone is out to get you, per say. For when you assume you make an ass out of U and ME.

I love being a member of this board, and would like everyone to know that yes we all are different i the way we type but I will assure you that if any of us (other posters) was to get angry you would know it.

Best wishes!!!

That's a good question Likapus! Some of the newer members may not know how to handle these sorts of situations, rare as they are, they will happen.

If one does get offended by a certain comment, by all means, bring it up. Or PM the offender. Take the answer for what it is, try to keep an open mind, and try and get past it. If a person is downright rude, insulting, or cruel, and can't be settled "in board", PM Rob or the moderators of the forum, with the post that was rude, and let him handle it in whatever way he sees fit. At the same time, if you do get offended, give it a day or so, then, as Likapus did, reread the post that offended you. Everyone has bad days, and may be a bit more sensitive than others, so posts may be taken wrong. And we don't want to overwhelm Rob or moderators with trivial posts, but we DO want to let them know if there are people not going by the rules of the board. Try and take a post as lightly as possible. If the post is still downright offensive, PM the Admins of the board. They will address the issue.