Official Community Forums Home

Guilt?

luvmytoys

• Members

Why do I always feel so guilty after I masterbate? My husband thinks its okay and actually loves the fact that I do it, but what can I do to make myself feel okay about it?

• Members

Thank you so much. That makes a lot of sense. I was raised in a very strict catholic home and although I do not recall a lot about my childhood it may be what happened. Since you answered that question so well maybe you can answer another one. I have a 5 yr old that likes to touch herself there and going back to what you said; I sometimes find myself scolding her. I realize now that I really need to stop doing that. How do I handle that? I really just want her to do it in private.

I catch myself scolding my daughter for putting her hands down her panties too, but then I tell her that she needs to not do that in the living room or in public. It's very hard to seperate trying to make your child understand that it's OK for them to touch themselves, and sounding "perverted" in today's society. But I am trying.

As to your "guilt", it probably is how Howard described. Especially growing up in a strict Catholic home. The Catholic homes I knew of, had very straight-laced parents & relatives, morals, and absolutely NO talk of sex at all!! So, I'm sure, if you were scolded for even scratching yourself, that you may feel like it's a sin/morally wrong for you to touch yourself. It makes a lot of sense. Catholicism teaches (or use too, I'm not sure about now), that even birth control is wrong.

Obviously, I don't think there's anything wrong with masturbating. Most animals masturbate too. What harm can there be, to keep yourself sexually happy? Easier said than convincing yourself, I know. Maybe see a counselor (I suggest someone NOT of the church either. They may try and help keep those feelings going.)

Good luck. I hope you're able to find some answers that will help alieviate your feelings of guilt.