Official Community Forums Home

Insirational and uplifting

• Members

I reached rock-bottom part of my life way back   year 2003 - 2006 way back home. 

Everything I worked hard for was gone because one poor decision making. I chose the easy way rather than going through the right path. 

I was BACK TO ZERO!!! 

One of the things I had to adjust was food... I mean, I only want to eat good food that time and that was all I wanted, nothing more, nothing less. 

I would just go to my neighbors house to do dishes, clean the house, do the laundry then ask for money so I can go to the market and cook. 

I would go to my cousins grocery store and just start repacking sugar, salt and help out in the store. 

Mind you, I don’t ask permission. I would just go in and start helping where help was needed. Do chores that one would avoid to do. 

It became my trade. 

In this way, I basically invite myself into their dining table. 😁

Believe it or not, I miss those days. It was so liberating and it felt like an adventure. 😁

If I wanted to be part of a party… I would tell my group of friends that so and so is having a get together and just meet up at a place. But actually, so and so didn’t know about it. 😁

But it all comes together in the end. I still got the result I wanted and everyone is enjoying. 

Those times were really hard times but then again, I won’t be able to get out of it if I just sit around. 

So if you ever reach rock-bottom, think of what you can offer out there to lighten up your situation. 

And whatever you can offer, use it as your leverage. 

Once you find out that the leverage you used worked out. Utilize it to leverage your life for the days to come. 

We all go through tough times, learn how to turn it around. 

And stop being and feeling petty… 😁
. I miss my people back home… 😁

#thelumpialady #lumpialady2019 #lumpialady

FB_IMG_1691240292311.jpg

• Members

This is Nadia Nadim. She was born in Afghanistan. Her father was murdered by the Taliban when she was 11 years old and her family fled to Denmark on the back of a truck. 

Nadia has scored almost 200 goals in professional football and represented the Danish national team 98 times. 

She's completed medical school and is studying to become a reconstructive surgeon when her playing days are over. 

She speaks 11 languages fluently and is on the Forbes list of Most Powerful Women in International Sports. 

If you want to show your daughter a role model, show her Nadia Nadim....

FB_IMG_1691250155777.jpg

• Thanks 1

• Members

I loved that Kinky. What a remarkable young woman. Thank you for sharing that.🌞

• Members

Country singer Dolly Parton wrote the songs "I Will Always Love You" and "Jolene" on the same night.
When the first song was at the top of the charts in 1974, Elvis wanted to record his own version of the song. Dolly was interested until Colonel Tom Parker, Elvis' manager, said that it was standard procedure that when the king of rock and roll covered a song - half of the rights to that song would go to him in the future. She refused it.
"I said, 'I'm really, really sorry' and cried all night. It was terrible for me, on the one hand, it's Elvis. People told me: "You are crazy." It's Elvis Presley...' but I just couldn't do it. Something told me in my heart not to do it and I didn't. I know he would rock with that song. But I couldn't. And then Whitney Houston came along with her version and I made enough money from the rights to buy Dollywood."
She grew up in severe poverty and no one famous has done more for the education of the poor than her.
In 1990, the percentage of students who did not graduate from high school in her hometown was over 30%. She introduced the "Buddy Program", where all high school graduates received a nice sum when they graduated. It wasn't just a waste of money, she personally came and explained the concept to them - everyone should find a buddy, and whoever doesn't succeed she will find one for them. Everyone had to sign that they will graduate and do everything in their power to ensure that their buddy also graduates. She taught young people about friendship and helping. The number of school dropouts dropped to below 6% and has remained so until today.
When 900 families lost their homes in the 2016 fires, she paid each family $1,000 for the next five months. When she came to the bank to finish the paperwork, she gave each family another $5,000 to find. A total of nine million dollars.
Also, her work - Imagination Library from 1995, was inspired by her realization that young people in rural areas and poor families already fall behind when they start school and that this prevents them from pursuing higher education. The goal of her program was for every child in her district to receive one book, once a month, from birth to school, completely free of charge, without any conditions. It started as an initiative in her hometown and has spread to a huge number of countries around the world. By 2018, over 100 million books were distributed in this way.
She is also known for her witty statements, at the beginning of her career she said-"I'm not offended by jokes about stupid blondes because I know I'm not stupid... and I'm not really blonde either."

FB_IMG_1691339782412.jpg