Official Community Forums Home

Brazilian Wax

rosamaba

• Members

So...

Has anyone out there prefprmed a brazilian wax on themselves, or had their partner do it for them?

Everything Ive read says go to the salon, but it can be done safely at home just might be more difficult.

My bf wants to wax me.. I've never had it done, been shaving but that doesn't work, im stubbly after less than 18hours which just isn't for me. I can understand his point why do it at the salon for so much money when he could do it for me....

He has waxed almost his entire face b4 so he knows how to do it but still...

he's shaved me many times b4 &does a good job...

I'm a little cautios, just wanted to know if any one has, and if so what brands/methods etc worked best, like hard wax, soft wax, sugaring etc.

• Members

Great Question!

While there are "do it yourself" wax kits available - I would highly suggest going to a salon for your waxing. The wax is susceptible to extreme heat - and the salon has a regulated wax heater. At home you microwave and it could become too hot. Also, you do not want to get the wax in places it does not belong or leave it on too long. There are just too many variables in my opinion to do a waxing at home!

• Members
<br /><font color="#008000">Great Question!<br /><br />While there are "do it yourself" wax kits available - I would highly suggest going to a salon for your waxing. The wax is susceptible to extreme heat - and the salon has a regulated wax heater. At home you microwave and it could become too hot. Also, you do not want to get the wax in places it does not belong or leave it on too long. There are just too many variables in my opinion to do a waxing at home!</font><br />
<br /><br /><br />

Thanks..

thats what i was feeling

but he was against me spending so much money if he could do it at home & i was like "umm i'll ask online see what they think" becuase I was hesitant...

anywho thanks