Official Community Forums Home

What Is Better? Vibrator Or Dildo?

Married for 23 years, it is wonderful. We just have gotten into some toys, we have a few vibrators for her. At first she was timid but now looks forward to when it's her turn. I have never used a dildo on her. Will she like it or not? Any ideas on how slow to start? Any thought would be great.

Thanks,

Rob

• Members

Welcome ROb!

Good to hear you are stepping into new land in your marriage - that is always good!

The basic difference (in case someone doesn't know) between a vibrator and a dildo is that dildos usually do not vibrate, and they usually look more realistic. There are a variety of kinds, textures and materials for both.

Would your wife like a dildo? Well, I can not honestly answer that, but I can give some reasons why she MIGHT like or dislike them. If your wife likes a lot of stimulation, particularly clitorally, then a dildo isn't going to do much for her unless you (or she) is going to stimulate her in other ways. Many women like the realistic FULL feeling a dildo offers, and they either use their fingers or a bullet or mini-vibe to stimulate their clitoris. Dildos can be extremely erotic for both the man and the woman - especially since the visual is like she is getting "done" by another man. Dildos can be great for fantasy time.

Conversely, a vibrator comes in many different styles. Some are realistic, some are just bullet shaped, some are dual action (providing clitoral and penetration stimulation) - and they all have different affects. If you are going for what will get her off the best - then a dual action is the way to go. SInce upwards of 85% of all women NEED this clitoral stim, a dual action provides it with insertion. Many men love to watch their woman get satisfied so fully by this type of toy.

A plain vibrator offers some choices as well. The tip of the vibe can be used all over her (or your) body to provide stimulation. It need not be inserted to provide pleasure - but if you choose to - many women love the firmer texture of many vibrators and love the internal vibrations - but they may still need the clitoral stim. The visual for a man playing with his woman is equally erotic - since it is the in and out motions that make most men weak!

There are so many different types of vibes from smooth, to bumpy or ridged, light up, dual action, jelly, firm -you name it. I think that most women who are new to toys prefer a more basic vibe - like the FREEBIE that is going now - the bumps are great clitorally and inserted and it is a nice place to start.

SO, ask your lover what kind of stimulation she enjoys, shop together, and find something that you both will enjoy!

Mikayla has answered your question well, as always. I just wanted to add a few things to what was already said.

I never really thought that I would like a dildo, personally. I like a strong vibe, and had never tried a dildo before, because, as stated, most of them don't vibrate. But, after trying a couple out, I have found that I sometimes prefer something realistic, and non-vibrating, especially with a combo of a clit stimulator and wanting to feel full when my hubby isn't around to help me out.

It's all a matter of personal preference. There is no right or wrong answer. My best advice would be to try things out. If you don't try it, you never know if you (or she) will like it. Have fun and good luck!

• 4 weeks later...