Official Community Forums Home

Question/advice Please!

jinx23

• Members

Hi everyone,

I have a question kind of related to sexual health that I'd love an opinion on. First off, let me say that although I'm a still a little un-adventerous in bed, I really love the sex I'm having with my SO (working on the adventurousness and I think I'm getting better lol). My SO has been away for about a month or so and has only just come back last week. I've found during the last week that I am not getting wet at all! It's making things a bit awkard in bed. I think my SO thinks I'm not interested!

This happened a little with my previous SO (there have only been the two) but it was toward the end of the relationship so I just thought it was a temporary thing. Just to clarify, my previous relationship didn't break-up so much as my SO had to go away with the army and we decided to end things a few months after he left so I don't think it was due to relationship problems.

I have never had trouble getting wet for my current SO before now and I am super-excited when we have sex and I love every bit of it, it's just no lubrication (natural that is lol). I am wondering if anyone has experiencesd this before and if so could it be a medical issue like low hormones or something? Also if anyone has any advice how to reassure my SO that he still turns me on and the problem is not with him that would be appreciated too!

Thanks so much everyone!

J

• Members

This is a GREAT question, and I even have some answers!!!

First of all, lack of lubrication has NOTHING to do with whether you are excited or not (unless, of course, you are just repulsed by the guy)! Lubrication issues can spring up based on many different factors:

1) How much water you drink in a day. If you are dehydrated, you will lubricate less..PERIOD. So, if you wanted a reason to drink those 8 glasses of water a day- this could be it. If you are drinking a lot, try boosting it a bit,

2) Every woman is different when it comes to lubrication. Some women just DON'T lubricate as much - you may be one of them.

3) Medicinal reasons. Certain medicines make lubrication less intense or eliminate it all together - and ironically, birth control pills can be one of the biggest offenders. Ask your OBGYN about the issue to see if your pill could be causing the issue - or any other medicine you may be on.

4) Hormonal fluctuations. Due to BCP or to other, natural issues or just a change in hormone levels. If all of the above are checked, and you still have issues, try a hormonal supplement (guided by your doctor of course)

5) Lack of sufficient foreplay. Contrary to popular belief, women do NOT get wet on contact. For some of us, foreplay is what does it, and if we are getting less than our need, we will not get as wet. Try boosting the foreplay.

You are not alone - this happens to millions of women for all the above reasons and perhaps some I haven't listed. Good luck and let us know how things work out. In the meantime, find a good lubricant that you like and use it. The more lube the better I always say!

antihistamines also cause dryness. A woman's cycle determines her wetness - after menses up until ovulation there are varying types of natural lubrication. See if you can find a copy of "Taking Care of Your fertility" it has lots of great information on hormonal phases in a womans body.