Official Community Forums Home

Beds

Mike_d

• Members

So I wanted to ask, I have a Kingsize bed and My wife and I are looking to downsize. What kinds of beds to you guys prefer for sex? Is bigger better? Do you prefer a four poster or a sleigh bed? Is one bed better for boinking than others? Also, what about matresses? Do they make a huge difference? We just have an old worn out piece of scrap and we need something new. Does firmness translate to begger traction or grip? Gimme some feed back please.

• Members

Hi Mike,

Strange that the bed issue hasn't come up until now on this site.

I have very good experience with classic futon bed. It's firm and comfortable for sex, and very hygienic in case the action gets sweaty. Another pro is that since the matress has round edges, you can hang your extremities outside without feeling unconfortable pressure of any kind. A con, from sex point of view, is that futon beds are normally rather low. This creates some limitations with some positions.

I'd like to hear more comments on different bed types.

Regards,

• Members

CGEM- We have our king size up on blocks to make for better storage underneath and it also doubles that it is just the right height for me to bend her over the bed or her to lay off and put her legs around my waist or on my shoulders. I love having a bed a little higher up and that is a big selling point to me of any new frame we get. How much will I have to do to get that "just right" height back?

What about solid headboards v slats or cut out headboards. Do you guys and gals like to have something to hold on to or does it matter? My wife said if we get a new headboard, it needs to be padded, I get pretty agressive sometimes.......:P

We got a barely used queen sized hospital/nursing home-type bed (the head and feet area can be lowered and raised). The framing on that is heavy, and a bit taller than a normal size bed. Unfortunately, there is no posters, beams, or headboard with it right now. My hubby is 6', and I am 5'9", so anything smaller than a Queen size for us is too short. I've owned several types of beds. I prefer a firmer mattress for easier movement while doing anything on the bed. This mattress is firm, which I like, and, since it can be raised and lowered, the positions we can get into easily have really expanded!

When we first got together, he did have a fouton bed. One night, for some adventurous romping, he tethered my hands and feet to the bed using some thick cotton rope. Well, things got pretty heated, and, well, I um.....ripped part of the metal out of its weld, breaking the bed. :blink::P

• Members

We bought a tall kingsize bed a number of years ago which was a pain for me because I needed a step-stool to get up into it (I'm short, okay?). But it was GREAT for bendover doggie.

We eventually got rid of that bed and bought one of the Tempurpedic mattress beds. This is without question the best fucking bed we've ever used. The memory foam mattress molds to the shape of whoever's lying on it, and since I'm usually under my husband one way or another, that means that I stay put no matter how hard he thrusts. This has two benefits: one, we don't need a padded headboard because I don't get pushed up the bed when my husband is particularly enthusiastic (I completely understand your wife's request! lol!), and two, because I stay put during the action, my husband's thrusts feel much more forceful, which translates into much more pleasure for us both. Since we don't need a padded headboard, we got one with a large mirror in it, which really adds to the visual aspect of our lovemaking sessions.

Oh, and we haven't had to give up bendover doggie with the new bed.. we put a Liberator cushion on edge of the bed for me to bend over and the height is just perfect.

• Members

I agree with elisa. Tempurpedic mattress bed is the way to go. I don't know about sex, but the best sleep I every go was on a Tempuredic bed. (sleep is important too right?) They are rather pricey though. If you don't want to pay for the whole bed, I've heard the mattress pads work well.

• Members
I agree with elisa. Tempurpedic mattress bed is the way to go. I don't know about sex, but the best sleep I every go was on a Tempuredic bed. (sleep is important too right?) They are rather pricey though. If you don't want to pay for the whole bed, I've heard the mattress pads work well.

Hmmm...no wonder I like my mattress topper! I didn't realize until now that I don't hit my head anymore! BTW...we have one of those heavy wood dresser/headboard where the headboard opens up into storage. And yes...its great for sleeping!! If I had the $$, I'd get the whole tempurpedic bed.

I have on of those Memory Foam toppers too, and that thing rocks!!!

• Members

I am seeing a pattern here! My wife an I were looking at some Simmons matresses a while back and loved them, they all were the no flip kind with a heavy pillow top cover. They were so nice! but close to 1500 for the matresses alone. I can really see spending close to 5K on a bedroom suit (Matresses and all) and be just fine. I might look at the tempurpedic and see what they offer, call me vain, but I like to see the look of a good bed rather than just a frame and the matresses. If I could get a four poster, mahogony tempurpedic queen size, I am good to go!