Official Community Forums Home

What's Going On?

fleur

• Members

Ok, so my hubby and I have been married for about 8 1/2 months. For the past few days, every time he enters me (or uses a toy) it hurts. At first I thought maybe we hadn't had enough foreplay to warm me up, but last night I was definitely ready. He tried a dildo and it hurt. We finally gave up on that and had sex, which still hurt, but a little less. After that I tried the dildo again and it was a little better, but still hurt. Once I got it past a point, it was fine, but hurt again to take out. I don't know if it's my pc muscles, but whatever it is just feels tight. I haven't been doing a ton of kegels or anything. This didn't even happen on our wedding night. I'm not sure what to do. The only difference is that we've been having sex every night for a week or so, and that is more often than usual for us. If anyone has any thoughts/solutions, I'd sure appreciate it!

• Members

Well, I can offer some suggestions / solutions, but you may have to take a visit to the Gyne!

First, your vaginal canal is very sensitive - prone to scratches and bruising (yes, brusising) - so, if you have been having more sex, longer sex, rougher sex or sex with toys - the possibility that you bruised your insides is definitely possible. Plus, if you are not using enough lube - it can affect it too.

Second, you may THINK you are ready (i.e. based on how lubricated you feel) but the truth is, you may be lubricated at the entrance BUT not all the way up! Using additional lubricant is ALWAYS a smart idea when playing with toys -period. ALso, your lubrication can change based on time of month, hormonal levels or the amount of water you drink. See if any of that makes a difference.

Third, there are medical reasons why this could be happening. Besides the internal "bruising" yeast infections, vaginal infections or the like can be the culprit. If you eliminate the other possibilities, then visit your doctor. There is even the possibility of a uterine cyst. I had 3 of them and sex hurt every time until they were removed. So, if it continues, go to the doctor asap!

Hope that helps!

• Members

Thanks, Mikayla! As usual your reply is quick and very helpful. We did use extra lube, but I didn't moderate, so I'll check into that. Also, I know I haven't been drinking enough water - especially during this hot weather! I don't have any signs of an infection (worked in a Dr. office for 12 years), but I will definitely go in if this continues. It's only been a few days, so I don't want to rush anything in case it is due to our increased activity. I'll keep all your suggestions in mind! Thought maybe someone else had been through this at some point. Thanks!