Official Community Forums Home

New Bed

Mike_d

• Members

My wife and I just got a new bed set up in our home yesterday. We went from an old, broken down, King size to a nice new pillow-top queen. The frame is a large four post solid oak head and foot board and the pillow top seems to be uber thick. I am working this weekend so we have not broken in the bed yet, but I wanted to ask if anyone had a funny story or words of advice to give before we embark on sex in a new and largely different environment. We lost 16 inches of width alone. This bed stands about 2 inches taller so I think me standing and her laying on her back, or bent over will still work fine, but we will have to see. The posts are gonna be great for bondage and I am thinking of some what that the Nylon tethers won't rub and damage the wood. Any ideas?

I know that's a lot, but I am really excited about this new furniture and getting down to business in this nice new bed.

If possible, get some new bedding too. Some sexy, yet subtle bedding. That is always nice to bounce in a new bed on new sheets.

Tethers for the safety of the wood: nylon, cotton, rubber, silk, satin, (robe ties are GREAT, BTW) or, if you need to do so, wrap the area that will be rubbed with a towel or something first. Best to go with soft materials though.

The newer height will be nice, and, you will have a bit of extra closeness now that you have a queen sized bed, instead of the king you're use too.

Congrats on the new bed!!

• Members

Oooh pillow tops are awesome. The extra height is great for side bar action ! Old silk ties are awesome. I have a family heirloom wooden bed (150 years old), so I can appreciate your concern. Tyger's advice is good as far as putting towels on in between. Nylon ropes are great too. Sounds like you gotta new adventure! Have fun and keep us posted!