Official Community Forums Home

Hormone Replacement Patches

ToyQueen

• Members

Okay, so I know this is really not a sexual topic, but I'm looking for any help I can get.

I have been using hormone replacement patches since my hysterectomy. First, they don't always stick well. Second, they leave a rash when I take the old one off. Then this morning it actually tore my skin when I took the old one off.

I have discussed this with the doc. I make sure the area is clean, lotion free, and I alcohol the skin prior to applying the patch to remove any body oils.

Anyone have any other hints or suggestions???

Thanks in advance.

• Members

My dad was using testoterone patches, which I assume are similar. He used body butter and switched the patches to opposite sides to relieve his skin a bit. It seemed to help.

I would also check back with your doctor to make sure whatever other chemical you use to take the patch off, won't react with the hormones that will be left over on your skin. :blink:

• Members

Thank you all.

Petroleum distillates DO work wonders to disolve adhesive. However, if the skin is irritated, it burns REALLY bad! It does have to be washed off immediately. I have used it. We use it a lot at work. For those who don't know, baby oil can also help take adhesive off skin. However, the spot cannot be reused for a while.

The patches are to be changed twice a week, and the same spot isn't supposed to be used for at least a week. I can usually get around three weeks between using the same site.

I'm thinking about asking the doctor for pills. I really like the steady state the patch provides, but the rash, fuzz left on the site, and the lack of sticking is getting irritating.

Thanks again for all your help!

• Members
Thank you all.

Petroleum distillates DO work wonders to disolve adhesive. However, if the skin is irritated, it burns REALLY bad! It does have to be washed off immediately. I have used it. We use it a lot at work. For those who don't know, baby oil can also help take adhesive off skin. However, the spot cannot be reused for a while.

The patches are to be changed twice a week, and the same spot isn't supposed to be used for at least a week. I can usually get around three weeks between using the same site.

I'm thinking about asking the doctor for pills. I really like the steady state the patch provides, but the rash, fuzz left on the site, and the lack of sticking is getting irritating.

Thanks again for all your help!

Toy Queen,

when I had the bc patches, the only thing besides time that would get those danged patches off was baby oil or soaking in a HOT (read: lobster red) bath...

just an idea

jen