Official Community Forums Home

Sex Post Delivery

Hi,

my wife delivered naturally 5 months ago and she is still experiencing discomfort during sex so we never actually finished it. What toys or measures do you recommend? And we did take our time by the way but eventually I am not in the mood or hard anymore.

• Members

Hi,

Did she happen to have an episiotomy/cut for delivery? Also, I wonder how tight the doctor sewed her up afterwards. Or is the discomfort AFTER penetration as in her pelvis feels tender?? How large was your baby? There are lots of little factors. It took 9 months (usually) for that baby to grow and develop and if this is your first child, it will take some time to get "back in shape".

First and foremost...FOREPLAY...lots of it. She needs to be wet because if the dr. sewed her up "too good" it is almost like being devirginized all over again and scar tissue does not give. You might try desensitization lube if that is the problem...numb it up good.

Congrats on the baby!

• Members

Hi Rick,

having a baby does crazy things to a woman's hormones. I had trouble with lubrication for several months after I delivered.

Is she breastfeeding? This will also affect hormones. I agree that an episiotomy is hell!!!

I guess the question I have is what exactly is causing discomfort? If she's having trouble with lubrication, that is easy... There are lots of great lubes you can buy.

Let us know and good luck. It gets better!

sexy...