Official Community Forums Home

Lost Libido ?

cmt

I am 48 and have always enjoyed sex very very much. I have been married to a wonderful man for almost 31 years. our sex life has always been great, or beyond great. he is an awesome lover and very attentive to my satisfaction.

nearly 2 years ago I had a complete hysterectomy and I am on HRT, however my drive for sex has depleted so much it is begining to cause a problem with my husband.

is this normal ??

is there help ??

• Members

Yes, it is completely normal! Having a complete hysterectomy means that you've lost the nerve system for your hormones--your ovaries. Without them it is only natural that your sex drive would come to a screeching halt. But you mentioned that you were taking part in HRT; if you are finding that HRT is not working then you need to talk with your doctor. Many women need to experiment with their doctors until they find the HRT level that works for them (remember what works for one does not always work for another).

In the mean time talk to your husband. The lack of a sex drive can be extremly frustrating (for both of you); especially when you love your partner and have always been sexually attracted to them before. The tough thing for a partner to understand is why the change, why the lack of interest, why now. Talk to your husband.

Good luck

Jen

thnaks Jen.

we have talked, but I feel he is getting frustrated waiting.

I have changed HRTs, I was 1st on premarin, than went estratest wich has testosterone.

I think some of this is also because I have fibro myalgia and am in pain alot with that and with my back.

I just wish there was a magic pill that would return me to my old self.. :blink: