Official Community Forums Home

Cleaning Toys?

• Members

I just bought Doc Johnson spectagel beaded anal vibe http://shop.tootimid.com/index.asp?PageAct...amp;ProdID=4373 and the clit buddy rocking rabbit erection ring http://shop.tootimid.com/index.asp?PageAct...amp;ProdID=5033 and I realized I'm not sure how to properly clean them. too timid sent a brochure that said jelly like toys must be used with condoms and are not able to be sterilized, does this go for these products?

Thanks

Cleaning toys is relatively easy. Jelly toys shouldn't be sterilized, because that entails boiling, which can, in fact, melt the jelly. Antibacterial soap & warm is best. Most jelly toys are relatively smooth, but some can have bubbles, small or larger, that happen in their creation, therefore looking similar to "pores". Again, so long as you wash them with warm soapy water, rub them vigorously, they should be fine.

I would steer clear from using rubbing alchohol, since some materials can dry out quickly, and crack, rendering the toy useless. Yes, it will sterilize it, but again, soap and water is best. Household chemicals can also dry and crack them, as well as bleach. I would also steer clear from putting them in the dishwasher (hey, some people do this with some toys), since the heat, and detergants of dishwashers are intense. (Safe materials for the dishwasher are glass and most silicone toys.)

Make sure to rinse the soap off very well, so you won't get a filmy residue left on them. I allow mine to air dry as much as possible. Also, if your toy has batteries in it, remove them before washing, and allow to fully dry before reinserting them.

As far as the condoms. Well, some people prefer not to wash the toys all the time, therefore, they put a condom over the toy, so clean up is as easy as slipping off the condom and throwing it away. Though, condom usage is not required.

Best wishes!

• Members

Thanks for the replies everyone, I thought soap and water was safe but i wanted to be sure, dont' want to ruin good fun!