Official Community Forums Home

Infection Question

4arrows

My lovely wife and I have had a problem several times now. Whenever we have an extended love making session, she invariably gets a urinary tract infection. She brought this problem up to her doctor the last time she was in, and was told to make sure to urinate after every time that I ejaculated inside her. We always try to be careful about not mixing toys or lubes or appendages between anal and vaginal as well. I hate to see her uncomfortable ad it also makes it harder to want an extended session if in the back of my mind I'm worried about her getting sick. Any input would be helpful. Thanks

4>---->

• Members
My lovely wife and I have had a problem several times now. Whenever we have an extended love making session, she invariably gets a urinary tract infection. She brought this problem up to her doctor the last time she was in, and was told to make sure to urinate after every time that I ejaculated inside her. We always try to be careful about not mixing toys or lubes or appendages between anal and vaginal as well. I hate to see her uncomfortable ad it also makes it harder to want an extended session if in the back of my mind I'm worried about her getting sick. Any input would be helpful. Thanks

4>---->

i have this problem to...and no matter what i get infections alot. also, make sure you clean your penis well before intercourse. i know its a mood killer, but it has helped me quite a bit. i also pop a cranberry extract pill after sex and another 12 hours later.

now, i have kidney stones, so i have to watch the cranberry. there is a brand called TZO . they make pills for uti prevention. they work as well. there not expensive either i think its about $6 for 50 pills. worth the money.

I get severe UTI's, and, basically, do what the doctor tells her and you to do. Frequent urination is key, cleaning up after having sex too. Make sure she drinks plenty of water, if she can cut out caffiene/dark colas as well as coffee, that would be GREAT. Dark colas and coffee are really hard for the bladder to break down. She should also try to eat yogurt. The active cultures in the yogurt help keep the bladder free and clear too. Other than that, if the UTI's continue, she may want to be referred to a urologist to see if surgery is a possibility.