Official Community Forums Home

Help Me Design Our Bedroom

Amylynn920

• Members

My husband and I decided that with part of our Equity loan that we want to redo our bedroom.

It's not very big 10 x 10 and we have a queen sixed four poster, and two bureaus.

We want to make the room sexy and personal to us.

We love Eastern themed rooms, and we are looking at making the bedroom our sexual sanctuary so to speak.

We want to add a tantra chair or an Esse, change the headboard to a more Eastern styled one, and I want a locking chest (decorative) for our toys.

Hubby wants a swing, tho I don't know where we would put it.

I have a fountain in the room, small tabletop, and we love candles.

I was thinking a basket for the Kama Sutra massage oils.

We keep all of our toys in a nightstand and with a curious 6 year old that's not working well. :rolleyes:

He collects swords, which are gorgeous, I have the Bride's Sword from Kill Bill and he has Bills, and we have some nice Katanas' we want to wall display.

Our bedspread is a damask in a tone on tone ivory with window valances that match.

The bed itself is an 18th century reproduction 4 poster so it's not quite fitting with the theme we had in mind.

Any suggestions?

Fabrics, colors, decor items??

We are wide open at this point :lol:

• Members
perhaps some strategically placed mirrors? and since you are going for 'eastern'...how about a brass incense burner? try lighting the room from below ( from the floor, pointing up, with pink bulbs, if you can find them...they make skin look warm)...that is much softer in effect, and plays fund shadows on the ceiling...

...ah yes, now back to my bedroom, which is a mess ,with cloths on the floor, hangers everywhere, bags, shoes, crap....(none of it mine...I keep saying that a neat and romantic bedroom is nicer...but...oh well.)

Great ideas Iha, I was thinking of a hanging brass incense burner. Now get in your bedroom and clean. Wait.. scratch that. Get out and write some more beautiful prose for us to read. ;) the mess can wait.

• Members

I would suggest a look through "Bud K" catalog for some unique wall mounts. They do have the average looking racks also in varied heights depending on how many you have but if it is only the few you mentioned you would likely be happier with the ones I mentioned. They aren't in every issue but well worth waiting for.- http://budk.com/sword-stands-hangers-and-c.../c/6040/c2c/sc/ - This is a direct link to the displays, mounts page.

• Members

I don't recall where I saw this but someone had a swing mount that was concealed by a gutted smoke detector so that they could just cover the eye bolt when not in use.

• Members

ohhhhhhh this is so up my ally!! i love this sort of stuff...**rubs hands together** ok...sexy fabrics...silks/satins/sheers ect...

there is a silk called dupioni...typically comes from china/egypt ect. dark rich colors deep dark reds,plums,blues golds, ect..

since you have a 4 post bed, you could get either drape sheers around them, or take a thin rope of some sort going all the way around the bed, and hang sheer panels either in the same color, or multi colors, to enclose the entire bed...satin/silk sheets to!1

ohhhh i had an image!! hehe me and my naughty thoughts....you could encase the whole bed in sheers, light candles...and your hubby has to stay on the outside, only being able to see your silhouette ...and well you get the idea.

• Members

Great ideas, I love the sheer curtains idea, but I think the bed is a bit too "chunky" for that look.

Hubby likes the mirror ideas.

Ok so color themes?

How about a warm reddish color for accent, to go with the gold tone on tone comforter?

Rug ideas? We will be removing the wall to wall and under the floor is oak wood flooring, original 107 years old.

Or we could play with the 18th century theme? Since the floors are old original flooring and the bedroom set is reproduction 18th century??

• Members

A large part of my first floor is the original wood flooring and it is what everyone seems to admire in this house. I would hate to see that taken up. And many bedding stores carry the sheer panels. We have the Black going around our bed but our bed seems to be different than yours. We have the mirrored canopy so the panels were pretty to hang from the outer rails. I'm going to have to manufacture some ties that go with them for ties. It is your room and a better idea may be found with your partner than could be found here!