Official Community Forums Home

Kinds Of Toys

• Members

I am not new to the idea of toys, however, I don't know that much about them--i.e. what some of the terms I've seen really mean and so forth.

I want to get a good vibrator but I've only been able to get the simplest kinds......basically what I'm trying to say is that i have no idea what I should buy, or even what is available.

Anyobdy out there who can explain some of this stuff to me?

• Members

Sure, I can walk you through this, however there are many other posts on this site that describe toys and what kinds you can buy:

There are basic vibrators, slimlines they are called. They are cheap, usually around $11, and come in all kinds of colors. The vibrations are usually pretty good, but not too strong. It is a good "beginner" vibe.

Then there are dual action vibrators. The best are the Ultra 3000 or the rabbit. The rabbit is my personal favorite. You get a rotating head, rotating "love beads" and these little rabbit ears that hit your clit during insertion. It sells for around $30 - $40 dependind on the site. TooTimid does have it.

There are waterproof vibes if you like water play. These are nice for hot tubs and bathtubs. They are cheaper usually, around $15.

Of course the world of dildos has exploded. They have realistic looking ones - cheaper $10 - $20. Then there are vibrating ones, suction cup ones for your shower, and the dual actions. My personal favorites are the glass dildos. These are made of pyrex glass, they come in a wide range of colors, textures, shapes, sizes. The prize runs from $30 - $400! The nice thing about the glass didos is you can heat then or freeze them to change the sensation, they are completely hygenic, they won't wear out, chip or break - and they are really pretty. This is my highest recommendation!

If you want smaller and more discreet there are bullets. Bullets are small and made mostly for clitoral use, but you can insert them in the vagina or the anus. I personally like to put mine in between me and my hb while we are grinding up against one another.

There are cordless clitoral sensors that you can put around your legs and onto your clitoris. The butterfly is one that comes to mind. For me, these do nothing. IF I am going to have clitoral fun, I am going to get down to business. Most of these don't have much power, at least not enough for me.

There are also a bunch of anal products to choose from. Anal beads are nice to have. If you are open to anal play they can be fun and enhance your orgasm. You can put them in your vagina (not after the anus please) as long as you wash them first! They come in many different sizes and can be a lot of fun.

Anal plugs or vibes can also be fun if you are open to anal play. They can open you up for anal insertion by a cock or a vibe or just stimulate the opening. Many are waterproof, which is nice, and many are cheaper.

There is also a whole range of noe vibratory toys - like floggers, bondage, electrostimulation, etc. However, it is up to you to decide if you are into or want information on any of those things, if you are let me know.

For now, this should get you going!

Mikayla B)