Official Community Forums Home

Damn Dog

mystofpric

• Members

So I have a beautiful loving Husky named Cosmo. He's also very protective. As some of you have read my friend and I (working to that relationship status, I totally always do things bass-ackwards.) are into gettinga little rough with me wearing the rope. We always shut the dog out (sorry that's not my kind of kink) but he can hear us and occasionall I may make a sound in pain, he charges the door! My apartment isn't huge and I can't put him outside, any recommendations for calming my canine bodygaurd?

• Members

Unfortunately you have a breed of dog that is very protective of what they believe is theirs. We had a husky at one point in time and he took to trying to make himself alpha in the house. It started out that he would try to come in between my parents, trying to let my dad know that he was second dog. Then it started as growling at my dad any time he showed affection to my mom. Then, one day, dad leaned down to give my mom a peck before he left and the husky let loose and attacked him. The fault, of course, was in the dog's training and making sure he knew who really was boss, not because the dog was a mean one. Unfortunately the only way for you to take care of this problem is for your partner to lay down the law with the dog and truly show him who is alpha in that household.

Randy.

• Members
Unfortunately you have a breed of dog that is very protective of what they believe is theirs. We had a husky at one point in time and he took to trying to make himself alpha in the house. It started out that he would try to come in between my parents, trying to let my dad know that he was second dog. Then it started as growling at my dad any time he showed affection to my mom. Then, one day, dad leaned down to give my mom a peck before he left and the husky let loose and attacked him. The fault, of course, was in the dog's training and making sure he knew who really was boss, not because the dog was a mean one. Unfortunately the only way for you to take care of this problem is for your partner to lay down the law with the dog and truly show him who is alpha in that household.

Randy.

Great. Technically teh alpha in the house in my mother, I rent the upstairs apartment and TECHNICALLY the dog is her's, but as Cosmo and one of her other dogs are fighting for rank I got saddled with Cosmo. NOrmally I'm cool with this but I mean damn. He freaks whenever anything is going on, even if it's just lying there talking. Well thanks for the heads up, i guess it's just time mom to take her dog back. Cause that's so awkward. <_<