Official Community Forums Home

Genital Piercings

Male piercings such as ampallang/ apdravya,dydoe etc can cause discomfort durung sex or increase the joy of sex ?

which male female piercing combinations are recommended ?

• Members

If genital piercings caused discomfort during sex, I think far fewer people would have them ;)

Infact genital piercing originated with the idea of increasing sensitivity, and piercings which provide extra stimulation during sexual activity are often referred to as "functional". Here's a great site with detailed descriptions of each type of piercing, what the benefits are (if any,) and photos:

http://ringsofdesire.com/malegenital.html

• Members

I think i could handle the scrotem piercings, I like the feeling of pinching it and it dosnt bother me but I don't even like head being touched on my penis that much directly.

Glenn

I have to agree, if they were uncomfortable or causing pain, it wouldn't be so popular. However, your question is really overly general. It really depends on several things, like the man's penis shape, thw woman's shape, where/what the piercing is. My ex had one, and a small penis, but I didn't find his piercing (at the head) overly stimulating or painful. I could feel it, but it was just, um, there, if that makes sense.

• Members

If the piercing hasn't healed properly it may cause some discomfort. Keep it clean and allow it to heal. My only one to date took a while to heal and I had to get a bit rough with it in order to shock the system which in turn began to heal almost immediately afterwards. It was very tender and sore for a few months and I accidentally ran across an article in Savage about another guy who finally got fed up with his so he took a stick, inserted and twisted until he almost passed out. The piercing is a navel and the article was about a guy who had his navel surgiclly split to resemble a coffeecup handle more or less. I don't know if I'd be so willing to cause that shock in the area your speaking of though! Perhaps a trip back to the piercer to follow-up on this is in order!

• Members

I cant decide if I want my nipple or clit hood pierced. I have a while to think about it though. I heard with the nipple it is always hard. I really dont want to walk around with one hard nipple all the time.

• Review Team

I have a veritcal hood piercing. I didnt want to lose accidently the feeling if I got a full clitoral. I think its nice to look at and very nice with oral. I honestly was very nervous getting it but it was so fast i jumped and it was over. I cleaned it daily with soap and water and that was it. Now it was sore for like a month so sex feinds beware, you might need to give it some time to heal :) I love it!!!! The skin is so thin there that I didnt feel it at all. I do knwo if they tlel u to put anything on it dont listen. Soap and water is all you need and if you get a loop ring in it like i did rotate it when u wash. I never had infection not one time.

• Members

Actually, sterile saline is far, far better to clean piercings with than soap, since many soaps dry out your skin and make healing more difficult. This actually may be why your piercings was sore for so long; from what I have heard (and experienced with many piercings in other locations,) it shouldn't be bothering you anymore after 1-2 weeks or so.

• Review Team
Actually, sterile saline is far, far better to clean piercings with than soap, since many soaps dry out your skin and make healing more difficult. This actually may be why your piercings was sore for so long; from what I have heard (and experienced with many piercings in other locations,) it shouldn't be bothering you anymore after 1-2 weeks or so.

Maybe it depends where you get your piercing. I for one am not going to stick contact solution on or near my clit area. I never had a problem with it drying out anything using soap. My piercing was sore due to a few things I didnt listen to not have sex for a while cause I am a freak like that and 2 I didnt obide the rules of no tight clothing. Now I was only saying I was sore, not that I couldn't touch it to rotate it and clean myself. Like now I can yank on it and it doesnt hurt. You dont want to be putting chemicals down there. Some things are better in other areas I am sure but down there isnt one of them. Its kind of like a tattoo artist putting a paper towel over a new tattoo :S big no no. I never had any problems with infections or anything using soap, oh and fyi I used antibacterial no perfumed stuff :) Oh and lufa helps for the first few days too.

Synirr do you have a genital piercing?

Edit>>>>

Oh I also found this on the site you pointed out:

Cleaning Solutions

A mild liquid antimicrobial/germicidal medicated soap such as Provon or Satin, and water. Inferior alternatives include products such as Almay Clearly Natural, Hypocare, NutriBiotic; or other mild, fragrance- and color-free liquid antibacterial soap. These should possibly be diluted with distilled or bottled water, depending on product strength. In addition, mild non-iodized (no iodine) sea salt soaks as described below.

I say stick with a chepa alternative like Antibacterial soap :)

• Members

Sterile saline is very commonly used as a cleaning solution for flushing out open wounds etc, it's not just for contacts. I am not talking about saline solution, which has other ingredients in it. Why on EARTH would you have a problem with saline, but not with soap??? It is almost exactly the same thing as your own tears... a very natural cleanser! The surface of your eyeball is actually sterile thanks to your tears :). Especially in sensitive areas like your genitals, saline is a better, gentler alternative to soaps.

Most piercists these days don't recommend that you stop having sex with a new genital piercing, just that you wear condoms to avoid having your partner's fluid come in contact with it and that you listen to your body. If it hurts, don't do it; if it doesn't, play away!

I don't have a genital piercing yet (have been planning on it for months but have yet to have the motivation and the money at the same time,) and there are differing opinions within the piercing community about the best aftercare methods, but I take all my advice from a piercist who is a member of the Association of Professional Piercers (one of only 20 members in my state,) and who has completed courses specifically for genital piercing. I've also done a ton of research on the topic on my own, since I once considered becoming a piercist myself.

Bottom line is, most folks will tell you a good soap is ok to use, but in general they should be diluted and may dry your skin (and the current trend is recommending antimicrobial over antibacterial). Everyone who has kept up-to-date on their information will tell you that salt soaks are also an effective means of cleaning, and that method doesn't come with any warning labels. BTW, salt soaks and saline solution are the same thing, it's just that saline comes pre-mixed, so it's much more convenient. Saline is also the primary ingredient in cleansers specifically formulated for piercing aftercare, such as H2Ocean.

Personally, I stick with saline for piercings and save the soaps for tattoos. I've had far fewer problems since I switched.