Official Community Forums Home

Need Some Help With Dating

Beavis

• Members

Thur the main thing I'm working on right now is just saying something anything to women. I will start out with cheesy pick up lines just so I can get use to talking at all to them then I will use real intelligent lines to pick up women. I don't want to try picking up women and be studering left and right then be a total dork.

You asked for help, and we all gave you honest answers. No need to get all kinds of offended. We're being honest and suggestive, not trying to downplay you at all. Don't expect one answer when you post on a message board. Everyone has different POVs. Whether you choose to follow a suggestion is on you. I was just saying what really caught my attention when I was on the dating scene.

I will also say one thing more. Cheezy pick up lines are either used, IMO, by egotistical men that don't think women have a brain in their heads, and think that with ONE line, they will win a girl's heart with the line and their good looks, after all, what else matters? Or pick up lines are used by men with little to no creativity.

If it's just wo,emn you're looking to boost your confidence with, handing them a line or 2, IMHO is a waste of time. If you're interested in a woman, that you find attractive, and want to get their attention, revert to thinking of them as "everyday people", after all, that's what they are. Just strike up a conversation with them. "Wow!! Some heat wave, huh?" "Gawd, if it got any hotter, I feel like I'm gonna melt", even something so simple as "Excuse me, what time is it?" and if she has a pretty watch, compliment her on it. If they're not interested, they will tell you. Something that simple can lead to a nice cold drink, soda, ice cream, whatever.

Do what you feel comfortable with. Best wishes!

• Members

I see you falling into cheezy pick-up lines and intelligent lines, but where do you stand on your conversation skills? This might be one you need to brush up on. A lot of men have a problem with just talking to others. If you aren't able to keep her attention with conversation things go South pretty quickly. I don't think you'll find a quality lady with cheezy lines. Good luck whichever way you decide to go!

• Members

I encourage you to put yourself in her place. Sometimes all you can do is roll your eyes and walk away when hit up with a pick up line. If you really want to engage her in conversation, a one-liner isn't going to do it. If you're setting a goal for yourself and just want to be able to say something, anything, and then ditch, then a one-liner might be your thing. Aiden's suggestion is really cute.

• Members

The only way that you could expect a one-liner to work would be to hold a pistol to her head. {Don't expect a second meeting if you even succed with the first}! The only one that works more often than not will get you put in the pen. There you would hear many similar to that one!

• Members
I encourage you to put yourself in her place. Sometimes all you can do is roll your eyes and walk away when hit up with a pick up line. If you really want to engage her in conversation, a one-liner isn't going to do it. If you're setting a goal for yourself and just want to be able to say something, anything, and then ditch, then a one-liner might be your thing. Aiden's suggestion is really cute.

I don't like cheesy pick up lines. Most women with half a brain know what you're trying to do, and we usually run the other way.

I like a guy that can make me laugh, be a little sexy (to make me think now what did he really mean by that? ;) )

But look at it this way, we're the same basically as you guys. You may fear rejection when you see a pretty girl and want to strike up a conversation, and we fear rejection that you won't even notice us to say anything in the first place.

Korn, just be YOU. Because when all is said and done with, and the real talk starts that's all you have left really.

• Members

Stay away from cheesy pick up lines. Myself and every girl I know never gave a second look to someone giving a pick up line. It is not a conversation starter and gives you a steriotype that will be hard to drop. Best advice is to just to say "Hey, how's it going?" Leave it at that if you are too shy to say anymore. Try that out a few times and work up from there.

I think chat rooms are a great place to meet people. It is anonymous so no need to be shy. If something doesn't work, try something different. Don't worry about "looking" foolish, they can't see you! I used to be so shy I could not even talk on the phone to order pizza! Then I realized they can't see me and have no idea what I look like or who I am. No need to be scared to talk.

• 3 years later...