Official Community Forums Home

Bleeding During Intercourse

• Members
IS IT TRUE THAT EVERY WOMAN BLEEDS A LITTLE FROM THE VAGINAL TISSUE DURING INTERCOURSE?

No. If there is bleeding, even the tiniest amount, there are a myriad of things that could be causing this. 1. You could be having vaginal dryness. 2. Your partner is inserting before you are ready...i.e.still not wet enough. 3. Age. Perimenopausal women or women who are in menopause experience dryness becaues the hormones are not producing the natural lubrications.

These are just a few of them. I would recommend seeing your OB/GYN if this is a persistent problem.

• Members

CL is right! Bleeding during or after intercourse IS NOT NORMAL - unless you ar talking about your first time - then, it is pretty common!

I had an experience recently where I was bleeding after intercourse occassionally and I had a polyp the size of a large grape and another the size of a thumbail! If you know how small your uterus is when you are not pregnant - that is pretty big!

Polyps can become cancerous - so I was lucky my OBGYN found them and took them out!

Always ivestigate pain or bleeding during sex or after sex. CL is so right, it could be something as simple as dryness or as serious as a fibroid! We as women need not take any chances!

Mikayla :D