Official Community Forums Home

Playing The Market

pappyld04

• Members

I recieved my quarterly statement a few weeks ago that only show my stocks. I had previously cashed out that 401 but they did not cash out my stocks in that company. The statement before this one showed that I had lost $200 overall. This one shows me getting that one back and then some. I called the company that oversees the plan and talked to a few people who, of course, had to read me certain statements before they would send the paperwork. When she asked if I still wanted to proceed and she I told her that I think it's time to cash it in she didn't come right out and say it but she agreed that I'd probably be losing otu if I held onto them!

When I cash out the other part of this I was only looking to recieve about $2,800 or so but by the time I got the check it was almost $4,000 and that was even after they held the taxes out!

If you guys have stocks in that (oilfield) area you'd better be watching closely!

• Members

They say I'm still making money on the other side too even though I cashed that part out a while back!

• Members
They say I'm still making money on the other side too even though I cashed that part out a while back!

Do you have it payroll deducted? Because I know my 401is matched so I add about 1% of my pay check and they match it. So maybe your still pumping money in?

• Members

It was from the payroll but I haven't worked for them in years. I had cashed it in long after I quit them so there was no money from me being added.

• Members
It was from the payroll but I haven't worked for them in years. I had cashed it in long after I quit them so there was no money from me being added.

Maybe it's just magic? i'd check one last time that you actually have money there and it's not a fluke then cash out again only this time completely (if your so inclined).

• Members

After taking the $200 loss a few quarters back I faxed the papers in last night. When I bought them they were around $20 or so each. This company has been here a while but they are not spending their money in the right way. I'm really surprised that they didn't drop further. I think they are looking to sell out to a larger company so they are sort of idling along!