Official Community Forums Home

My Girlfriend And Sex?

regreats

• Members

hi, i recently startd goind out with my new girlfriend about a month ago, and am not sure on how sexually mature she is she is 17 and im 19, my question is, how do i know or ask her if she ready for sex ? without sounded like a pig

• Members

How long have you been dating? How much "sexual" activity do you do now? Does she know that you have been sexually active (have you?)

If you have been doing a lot of other sexual activities - petting, oral etc. then transitioning into a conversation about SAFE sex shouldn't be a problem. If you have only made out and not much else it might be a little harder to broach the subject tactfully.

I, however, believe that young adults - and that is what you two are - young adults - although she is still a minor, keep that in mind, especially if she is a virgin - should talk openly and honestly about sex before doing it. This is a good way to avoid pregnancy and disease. Sometimes jumping into bed with someone and not discussing things is what leads to those unexpected pregnacies!

I would suggest that you just try to find a good time - as Howard suggests - to bring it up. I wouldn't do so unless your sexual activities have been progressing in such a way that you think you are going to get to that point soon. Bringing it up too soon may scare her off - if she is that shy a girl!

I don't know about the whole "do it in a restaurant" think - I prefer the quiet of a car, a beach front, or a more secluded spot to have my sex talk. I know the rationale is to be "in public" but sometimes you will not talk as openly in such a place as you would even out in your own backyard. Try to find an appropriate place.

I hope this advice helps - and remember ALWAYS BE SAFE WHEN HAVING SEX!!!!!

Mikayla ;)

• Members

well, we have had oral alot but i feel like if i go anyfurther she might as you said get scared ff.

i think i will just wait for the right time.

thankyou for your advice it is much appreciated.