Official Community Forums Home

Ladies! Tell Me About...

flutterbie

• Members

PCOS.

The docs are testing my blood to see if I've got it. The preliminary tests have come back saying that I'm within range to have it, and they want to test me again after my cycle is over.

I don't even know how to feel right now. I always suspected that something wasn't quite right, and at least now I know what can be causing it, but I'm afraid of what this is gonna do to my future.

Anyone here have it and can give some insight??

• Members
PCOS.

The docs are testing my blood to see if I've got it. The preliminary tests have come back saying that I'm within range to have it, and they want to test me again after my cycle is over.

I don't even know how to feel right now. I always suspected that something wasn't quite right, and at least now I know what can be causing it, but I'm afraid of what this is gonna do to my future.

Anyone here have it and can give some insight??

PCOS is a pain in the ass thing to have. i was diagnosed when i was 21, but the doc suspects i had it younger since i had a lot of issues when i was preg. with my son.

its an endocrine disorder. basically you make to much testosterone, not enough estrogen, and hardly ANY progesterone(which you need in order to ovulate and carry a pregnancy.)

along with the irregular and sometimes 10-16 days horribly painful cycles you may be blessed with the following:

*women with pcos tend to be over weight...specially in the middle area

*discolored skin patches

*unwanted body hair(face, neck, stomach, hands and feet)

*high cholesterol

*high blood pressure

*insuline resistance(watch your carbs and sugar)

*infertility(no ovulation at all) -watch your progesterone...ect

http://www.4woman.gov/faq/pcos.htm#e try here

http://www.soulcysters.com/ this is a wonderful place

for some meds like metformin or glouphage have helped...it made me sick...for me the best thing i have found to keep it under control was birthcontrol pills yazmin28...that has beenthe ONLY thing in 10 years i have found to work for me. find an OB/GYM who specializes in it...also look into an endocrinologist who specializes in it as well.

there are several women on this board who have it...if you need to talk or have a question...just ask me ...pm me if you dont feel comfortable posting it on the board.

• Members
This is why I have a deep affection and respect for this place (TT)....people helping out other people, It is amazing, and so rare.

pcos is no walk in the park...yes, there are far worse things you can have, but it still sucks...

if i can offer support to someone new to pcos then i will!!

• Members

im with you IHA! Cuz I had never even heard of PCOS before now.

Sorry that I couldn't help you, but glad to see that someone already has! :)

Hope things go well!