Official Community Forums Home

Uhmm... Complete Newbie

• Members

Hi... Um, I'm Mytilene, and I've been considering buying my first vibrator since my girlfriend is going to college in a different state, and I'm really not the type to sleep around. I've been looking at this site's beginner vibrators, a lot of the really simple, inexpensive ones like the Vibe Me, My First Bullet, and the Velvet Touch; I was wondering if some of the women on here could suggest other good starter vibes, or what their experiences with those three have been.

Also, when they talk about "discreet shipping," how discreet is discreet? I mean, this box is going to have to go through my college's Mail Hut.

If any of the women (or men, I guess) have stories about their first purchase that could help me feel less embarrassed or nervous, I'd really appreciate that, too!

Thanks,

Mytilene

• Members

Hello and WELCOME!

OK, let me start with the easy question. Discreet shipping means your box will come addressed to you, and the return address says: Atlantic Innovations. It looks just like a regular piece of mail. If you order something smaller, it may come in a padded envelope. In any case, it is not anything people would look at and think, 'hmmmm, must be a sex toy in there!'

As for the first vibe question, let me ask YOU some questions. You mention that your girlfriend is going to school away from you, so you are a lesbian or bi-sexual. This is important because some lesbians prefer to shy away from penetration type toys. Do you like penetration? Do you prefer clitoral action instead?

I will make a suggestion or two based on this answer! Thanks!

• Members

:) Hi, Mikayla, thanks for being so welcoming!

Mm, yes, I am not-completely-straight. As for penetration stuff, I'm not 100% sure (never tried it), but I don't really want to start off with it, in any case, so I think clit stimulation is probably the place to start.

I did talk a lot with ToyQueen earlier, and she gave me a few tips- in fact, I just finished ordering the My First Bullet (3-7 days, aiee, I'm so anxious!). But I would still like to hear what you have to say because I am still a beginner, and this is good to know.

• Members

Well the good thing about a vibrator is that you can just use it for clit stimulation, but you have the option of insertion, my first was a Doc Johnson, they have great stuff, including bullets and eggs. They are fairly unexpensive as a brand, but good quality.

Does material matter much to you? I like the jelly toys personal, but I've never had anything else, lol.

• Members

I don't want a Real Cyberskin or whatever it's called. Eugh. It's creepy enough thinking about having something that LOOKS like a man's dick inside me. >_o

Jelly might be OK, but I think, hmm, what was it? "Soft plastic"? That might work.

• Members

my first time buying from here i was scared about that to. don't worry it comes in a plain cardboard box with a simple lable that says its coming from Atlantic innovations. so don't worry and enjoy your toys :P and welcome to the site.

• Members
I don't want a Real Cyberskin or whatever it's called. Eugh. It's creepy enough thinking about having something that LOOKS like a man's dick inside me. >_o

Jelly might be OK, but I think, hmm, what was it? "Soft plastic"? That might work.

Yeah pretty much. Some of the other textures are fun though I have a bullet that amazingly soft. And some of the c Also not all vibrators are modeled after penises(peni?) a large number of them are very abstract and some are even shaped like animals! So don't over look any type of toy because the sex toy people are VERY creative! I think some of teh cyber skin or "real skin" toys are abstract too!

• Members

Well, I completely understand the compulsion to NOT have something realistic, as sometimes I just don't want to deal with that.

I think the advise ToyQueen gave you is spot on, bullets are great. They give you that clitoral release you like and are not something typically used for penetration. You can get a simple vibrator and get even more stim, like a slimline for example, and that you may use for penetration later on.

Do you and your girlfriend penetrate each other, as in with fingers? The reason I ask is, if you have never had anything inside you, you may definitely want to stick to bullets.

I am not sure what your budget it, but I have a bullet that I love, but I don't see it on site anymore. Let me look and see if I can find a link for you!

Good to hear from you.............because I just ordered my very first dildo and vibrator. I'm a recent widow

(9 months now)------and I am finally getting my incredible sex drive back. I'm so horny. I'm not just going to

ask a friend to service me.........and I'm so scared of getting back out there after being married over 20 years--

So........I thought I'd try ordering a sex toy. I'm so excited with anticipation--- and scared at the same time.

I'll check back with you..................after I receive these 2 VERY LIFELIKE items........and lose my inhibitions--

so, I can pleasure myself. It's a shame there's not a service where you can pay a nice, gentle, yet incredibly

wonderful lover to come to my house and make love to me for a couple of days----That, I guess---is why

TOO TIMID came up with these LIFELIFE.....REAL FEELING.....toys for women.

Later,

Linda Lee

• Members

My bullet's in the mail, I'm so excited~<3

Nope, no penetration. Both myself and my girlfriend are both virgins, actually; she's a bit autistic, and so has issues with physical intimacy because she very easily gets overloaded by physical sensation (and not in a good way). She takes a while to get used to new types of physical sensation.

I'd be willing to maybe experiment with a slim vibrator. The free G-spot one actually looks really tempting- I logged on today and went "Damn! I should have waited to place my order!!" Ha ha- oh well, better luck next time!

And Linda- I'm sorry for your loss. :( I'm happy you seem to be recovering well, though.

• Members
My bullet's in the mail, I'm so excited~<3

Nope, no penetration. Both myself and my girlfriend are both virgins, actually; she's a bit autistic, and so has issues with physical intimacy because she very easily gets overloaded by physical sensation (and not in a good way). She takes a while to get used to new types of physical sensation.

I'd be willing to maybe experiment with a slim vibrator. The free G-spot one actually looks really tempting- I logged on today and went "Damn! I should have waited to place my order!!" Ha ha- oh well, better luck next time!

And Linda- I'm sorry for your loss. :( I'm happy you seem to be recovering well, though.

Just so you know hun you don't have to order anything to get teh freebie! If you place and order with it it's comepletely free, if not you pay just teh shipping.