Official Community Forums Home

A 7 Day Challenge

pappyld04

• Members

On the news last night they showed a preacher in Grapevine, Texas, who issued a 7-day challenge to all married couples in the congregation. One of the statements he made was that religion has suppressed something that God never did! I think it's about time someone had the guts to stand up and say that it's wrong to suppress sexuality and even more-so that his predecessors were wrong to do so.

He said a lot of things that I agree with in that if nothing else this woul make the couples communicate, plan to be together, and could even be called worship! Worship could take on a whole new meaning if this catches on!

Have you seen this? And what is your opinion of this?

• Members
On the news last night they showed a preacher in Grapevine, Texas, who issued a 7-day challenge to all married couples in the congregation. One of the statements he made was that religion has suppressed something that God never did! I think it's about time someone had the guts to stand up and say that it's wrong to suppress sexuality and even more-so that his predecessors were wrong to do so.

He said a lot of things that I agree with in that if nothing else this woul make the couples communicate, plan to be together, and could even be called worship! Worship could take on a whole new meaning if this catches on!

I say it's high time this was taught from our pulpits. WTG! Now if I could just get DH on that bandwagon.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I haven't seen it, but I'm wondering if anyone did the 7 day challenge? Could you share with us?

• Members
Yes, we did. And thank you Pappy, for posting this. As some here know, the area of frequency and quality have been an issue in my life. I forwarded the preacher's video to my SO, and SHE suggested we try it, and of course, I'm like HELLSYEA! Didn't think she would follow through, but she did, and with some enthusiasm. And while I cannot put my finger on it (no pun intended), something subtle has changed between us. We did this shortly after Pappy posted, and things have been more frequent and of higher quality than they have been in the past 25 years.

I keep waiting for the effect wear off or something, but it hasn't yet. If it does, I think I will be taking it very hard.

YAYAYAYAYAY!!!! It couldn't have happened to a better man!

• Members
Yes, we did. And thank you Pappy, for posting this. As some here know, the area of frequency and quality have been an issue in my life. I forwarded the preacher's video to my SO, and SHE suggested we try it, and of course, I'm like HELLSYEA! Didn't think she would follow through, but she did, and with some enthusiasm. And while I cannot put my finger on it (no pun intended), something subtle has changed between us. We did this shortly after Pappy posted, and things have been more frequent and of higher quality than they have been in the past 25 years.

I keep waiting for the effect wear off or something, but it hasn't yet. If it does, I think I will be taking it very hard.

Good for you! :lol:

I didn't watch it. Do you have the link still?

• 2 months later...

I never saw/heard this and the link that was given is no longer valid. What is the "7-day Challenge"? Sounds like something that we might be able to really use.

• Members

Thanks for covering Man! I have also seen something of a 365 day challenge but cannot find the link!

• 2 weeks later...