Official Community Forums Home

Out Of Sync

• Members

Another thread asking reasons for not having as much sex as you would like got me thinking about this. My husband and I seem to run on different clocks. By the time I go to bed, I'm usually exhausted and just crash. He usually doesn't make to bed until a couple of hours after me. I am usually more interested in sex at other times of the day, but he's more into it at night. We were married for a long time before we realized this was happening. We have found ways to compromise and work around this, especially once we became more aware. Has anyone else had to work out something like this? What did you come up with?

• Members

We compensated by making the time for each other. We spent a lot and I mean a lot of time talking about our wants, our desires etc and then worked on making the time for each other. We found nothing we can do is as important as making time for each other and sex. That's what worked for us. Basically shutting the world down and just going to bed.

• Members
Another thread asking reasons for not having as much sex as you would like got me thinking about this. My husband and I seem to run on different clocks. By the time I go to bed, I'm usually exhausted and just crash. He usually doesn't make to bed until a couple of hours after me. I am usually more interested in sex at other times of the day, but he's more into it at night. We were married for a long time before we realized this was happening. We have found ways to compromise and work around this, especially once we became more aware. Has anyone else had to work out something like this? What did you come up with?

I think it simply takes planning. Like it has been said. Especially as relationships get older. It's not fair to be the one to initiate all the time as much as it is stupid to wait for your partner to initiate and then end up frustrated!

Communication is key in any relationship. Some couples are afraid to talk about sex. There is nothing wrong with sitting down, having the talk and talking about your wants and needs. Laying them on the table and coming up w/ a plan that will meet both needs. I think it should be commonplace! Subsequently, spicing up your relationship.

I cant imagine not talking about these things! I mean how else would we know if we don't express it!

• Members
Though I don't want to imply any details on to your relationship, it can often be a convenient excuse for two to have 'different clocks'.

We all want intimacy, but when we get close to it, or overwhelmed by it, or become sated, we tend to unconsciously avoid the other until, once again, the hunger gets great enough to pursue the intimacy.

I can see how this might be true in some cases.