Official Community Forums Home

Help! Dysfunctional Sex Life!

Smile4Me

• Members
I'm not being sarcastic. You have painted a bleak picture. Maybe you exaggerated. I can't tell from here. But taking your situation on face value, based on what you said, I can't see what you are getting out of the relationship.

What is sex supposed to be? Ideally an expression of love, closeness, belonging to each other. Right? Sure when you are a kid you just want your jollies. But once you become a married adult, sex becomes different. Or at least it should do. Otherwise why get married?

Swinging isn't causing the empty place in your soul. But it isn't filling it either. Its really just a symptom.

Anyway, Smiley, all I meant to do was to offer some considered thoughts based on some experience.

Good luck whatever happens.

I'm sorry Dadt, I didn't mean to say that on an assumption, it seemed as though you were being sarcastic. Kinda like the earlier "Get divorced" spill LOL It's very hard to convey tone over the internet. I really appreciate those considered thoughts. Thank you for the good luck. We had another talk this evening; we seem to be doing a lot of that lately. Which can only mean we're working together. I feel like we're on the same page now and I think the swinging thing may actually become a distant memory. I appreciate your REALNESS...Thank you.

Lil Lib: That's a great way to look at it! I agree, it isn't a necessary evil...but the mint does make your breath fresh (tehehehe) :P In all seriousness, I can't predict what is to come; I just know we have to make some decisions and prioritize somethings.

I'm glad to have been so productive with the bold advice Dr. Dadt offered...honestly I'd still be sitting her lost and confused if he hadn't put it in perspective. Thanks again Dadt. Wish me luck on this journey and see you guys in the forums!

• Members
Glad I could be the grumpy uncle you never wanted.
So am I!! Hey, everyone loves the grumpy uncle, he always tells it like it is! LOL :P